unveiling the agile

Neeklaus

well after a tense week of waiting my agile al-2000 finally came into today

how is it you ask? without a doubt the best low budget guitar i've EVER PLAYED. i've read it a thousand times but until you play one you won't appreciate it. it easily compares to guitars in the 300-600 range, no doubt about it.

so for a little more detail on mine-
the neck is very comfortable, i came from playing LTD and ibanez so i was concerned that having a neck that wasn't paperthin may pose a problem. i was exactly wrong, this thing plays great
the fretwork is good, we'll have to see how it holds up over the years but it is very clean fret work. the body of the guitar is obviously very heavy but it's a nice body i must say. i'm glad i went with the natural it's super sexy.
lets see...the tuners work great, i've never had a problem with grovers and don't expect to.
the pickups! oh my god! i really expected to replace these almost immediately, but now i think i may keep them. the neck is warm and really nice for jazzy/blues/clean and the bridge is a monster. it does metal so easily (my biggest surprise)

is there anything BAD about this guitar, you ask?

well, yes, a few things actually.
firstly, rondo's QC dept needs a checkup. there's been some stories floating around about dinged up guitars (supposedly due to shipping) and i got one of those. i've got a ding on my headstock that is actually missing paint and a dent/crack on the side of the body where the guitar was most obviously dropped.
i had my al-2000 shipped in a case and i have a very hard time believing that either of these where done during shipping.
i also have a small spot of binding that doesn't exactly look up to snuff on the top of the guitar.

but really- it's a 150 dollar guitar, i can't complain that much. besides it's all visual things that are messed up, this guitar play great (have i emphasized this enough?)

and as we all know :ss: which is swedlandishburg for this post is useless without pics

so here's some pics:

100_2768.jpg

nice little case it came in

100_2772.jpg

100_2773.jpg

100_2774.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2776.jpg

100_2778.jpg

100_2782.jpg

some of the coolest inlays i've seen

100_2790.jpg

head stock ding, very blurry picture but you should be able to pick it out (it's the white spot)

100_2793.jpg

and here's the body drop, you can't even really see it unless you get real close, but the paint/finish it cracked and there's a slight rise on the body because of it. it's on the top right portion int hat picture

one of the 1st things i did was remove the pickguard. but i'm still torn it looks great with and without

sorry for the hugely long post, but there aren't many good reviews on here lately and especially none with pics. i'm hoping to end that :)

so to recap, i love this guitar, your mom and the inlays
good day!

thanks for the kind words, i'm really happy with this purchase

what would be the best way to get intouch with kurt? i'm not looking to get a new guitar (as i said, it's a 150 dollar guitar- i can deal with finish problems) i just wanna let him know someone isn't doing their job correctly.

Juat email Kurt, he's eager to please. I just got my Rootbeer AL-3000 in about two months ago and I'm extremely pleased with it. If someone could please tell me how to post pics, I'll gladly show you.

P.S. I got mine with case. Your case looks a bit sturdier than mine. Is that one a new item?

upload them somewhere like imageshack or photobucket and click the img button, paste the link, press the img button again

EXAMPLE (ignore the *) [*IMG]http://www.yourpic.com/address.jpg[/IMG]

Looks great, man. That top does seem to have some impurities.. but who cares! :D

Hope you like. You got me wanting to start playing my Agile again..

I'm checking out those Agile Strats.. I wonder how they are compared to the new MIM Fenders.

luke978- nice guitar man!

comfortably numb- yeah i noticed there's definately some "uniqueness" (read: impurities) to the top. but man it's a great guitar and i've never really been one to base all my opinion on a guitar based on looks :)

oh yeah , the case isn't the standard case that they recommend with it, those are out of stock and the case i got was the only one in stock that would fit the agile.

it's actually pretty nice.

Hmm, I've been considering picking up an Agile. Maybe I should do that sometime soon. I hear too many good things...

anyone know what the frets are made of?

they just sound a tad brighter than any of my other guitars have ever sounded

I like the guitar a lot. It weighs a ton, though. The pickups aren't the best, but the bridge pup is fairly punchy. They do lack articulation, unfortunately. The fretwork is top notch as was the finish. No bubbles or drips to be found. The top is a 1/16" vineer, not a 3/4" cap like some people claim. Its a darker sounding guitar, but not overly dark. I'm not fond of the neck joint, but its just like every other Gibson LP i've played. Of course I've been spoiled by my Ibanez sz neck joint which is a superb, gradual transition not an abrupt stop.

Overall I am extremely happy with that purchace. Its the best gear related purchace I've made thus far.

Back