VHX and Columbus

Raider-X

I'm curious how to get the Control Changes working vs just Program Changes with these two products. I want to be able to use 0-4 for Program Changes to switch presets, and 5-9 for Control Changes to toggle FX's. I've read the manuals and have tried various settings under the MIDI tab on the VHX, but can't figure it out. I appreciate any insight offered - thanks,

TS.

I'm curious how to get the Control Changes working vs just Program Changes with these two products. I want to be able to use 0-4 for Program Changes to switch presets, and 5-9 for Control Changes to toggle FX's. I've read the manuals and have tried various settings under the MIDI tab on the VHX, but can't figure it out. I appreciate any insight offered - thanks,

TS.
I found out the hard way that the Columbus doesn't support this function. Was pretty frustrating to discover that, as you'd think something that's sold as a MIDI controller and not just a footswitch would at least advertise that it doesn't do control changes since that's exactly why I bought mine with my VHX as well. I'm hoping they eventually come up with some sort of workaround though.

Can one of the folks from Diezel please comment on this with thoughts on whether or not the Columbus can do this in the future with the VHX? If the functionality can be developed for Program Change and Control Change Midi, I'd really like to know -- is it even possible?

Can one of the folks from Diezel please comment on this with thoughts on whether or not the Columbus can do this in the future with the VHX? If the functionality can be developed for Program Change and Control Change Midi, I'd really like to know -- is it even possible?

I'm not sure if it would be possible as it would require a replacement part inside, I will check it but it's more likely to not be possible!

Hi sorry to say, but the Columbus is for me just a quite expensive FootSwitch...

For the VHX you will need a midi pedal, ideal with sending CC&PCs, and also being able to sent multiple of this programmable on each button.
At least for me, the Columbus is outdated, even if my amp would not be a VHX I would need a Midi pedal to control...

Having a nice new one from Diezel, I would basically consider it, depending on functionality, price and GUI for programming.
Trying to somehow re-enable the Columbus for full blown Midi, I do not think its a good solution, there are better solutions on the market already...

just my two cents..

:confused:

Thanks, Zeen -- I have a Boss ES-8, and I'm exploring how do to it with that...I think it will work but need to spend some time with it.

The Boss Es-8 did not work, not at the 'manual' level like I wanted -- tried a Sy-1000 for the hell of it, and it was momentary effect and I couldn't figure out how to change...back to regular effects for now (AKA Boss Pedals).

The ES8 should be able to do the trick I guess,

Midi out from ES8 to Midi in on the VHX, of course you need to setup the patches, so not sure how the GUI works on the ES8, but from what i have flipped quickly through the manual it should work....

I tried for several hours and gave up -- it wouldn't work in manual mode, only bank mode -- so if click on 1 and it's already On, nothing would happen, but if I clicked on 2, I could get the 2nd effect to toggle on the vhx, but if I clicked 2 again, nothing---cause it's already on....but if clicked back to 1 after clicking 2, 1 would work because it was off.....so that was to say the least, not at all what I wanted....couldn't figure out how to have the patches work in manual mode....I tried a SY-1000 for the hell of it and it completely wonked out the VHX interface,,,started to rapidly change screens, so I quickly disconnected it. For now I'm just using Boss Pedals vs the on-board effects -- at least the ones I need to toggle. Looking at the FC-300 by Roland.....this looks nice, but another $500...

Back