VHX problem

I have just taken delivery a week ago of my new Diezel vhx. When i unpacked the amp i had two broken power tubes, i have replaced them and all seemed ok, last night after 10-15 mins of playing, i noticed the gain on the red/blue channel just wasn't there compared to my other diezel amps. I am thinking maybe a possible bad pre amp valve, but i am thinking about returning and asking for a new amp, as i am not to sure if anything inside has been damaged.

better to return for a new amp or ask them to fund a preamp valve set to try?

I have just taken delivery a week ago of my new Diezel vhx. When i unpacked the amp i had two broken power tubes, i have replaced them and all seemed ok, last night after 10-15 mins of playing, i noticed the gain on the red/blue channel just wasn't there compared to my other diezel amps. I am thinking maybe a possible bad pre amp valve, but i am thinking about returning and asking for a new amp, as i am not to sure if anything inside has been damaged.

better to return for a new amp or ask them to fund a preamp valve set to try?
IMO- if an amp was hit around hard enough to break your power tubes and you are already seeing other issues, I'd swap it with a new one. That's me tho.

Swap it for a new one.
I went through 3 VHX's before I finally got my VHX keeper.
First VHX: Pre-Loop didn't work
Second VHX: Delivered by Fed Ex with a hole punched in the side and the Diezel logo damaged
Third VHX: came with 6L6s, and I wanted KT77s
Fourth VHX: KT77s and works perfectly.

It's worth it to get a replacement.

Swap it for a new one.
I went through 3 VHX's before I finally got my VHX keeper.
First VHX: Pre-Loop didn't work
Second VHX: Delivered by Fed Ex with a hole punched in the side and the Diezel logo damaged
Third VHX: came with 6L6s, and I wanted KT77s
Fourth VHX: KT77s and works perfectly.

It's worth it to get a replacement.
Sorry about that. Our amps are shipped after an intensive QC. Since over an year they are coming with EL34 STR RED BASE / PSVANE.

Sorry about that. Our amps are shipped after an intensive QC. Since over an year they are coming with EL34 STR RED BASE / PSVANE.
It is no problem at all, Peter. It was the distributor, not you guys.
I also think the universe just wanted me to work really hard for this particular amp.

The VHX is really the perfect amp for me. I'm in total love with it.
And I love my VH4 too. I'm a Diezel SuperFan for life!

Back