WTB: Beijing 12ax7s

VESmedic

Looking for some Beijing 12ax7s. Also, does anyone sell them online other than Doug’s tubes? He’s out at the moment , and also batshit crazy on his pricing of them in my opinion. Thanks!

Craig is very good at testing his tubes. He sells EHX el34 for crazy prices and they have all showed up matched within 1-2 ma for a quad. I would imagine he’s testing the 12ax7’s as well. He’s legit.

Thanks very much! I just ordered some from him, very very helpful thanks guys. How do you guys like these?

I used to have a bunch of those foil getter ones. Sellers used to market them as “Silver Dragons” because they’re a bunch of cornballs. They’re not drastically different from the common Chinese 12ax7’s, but depending on the circuit and everything it’s noticeable. They’re very high gain and it’s pretty much the same character as the other Chinese but not as muddy in the low mids/bass IME.

So if you like what chinese 12ax7’s do but wish they were a little clearer, you will probably be happy. In some amps you probably won’t be able to tell a difference at all.

I used to have a bunch of those foil getter ones. Sellers used to market them as “Silver Dragons” because they’re a bunch of cornballs. They’re not drastically different from the common Chinese 12ax7’s, but depending on the circuit and everything it’s noticeable. They’re very high gain and it’s pretty much the same character as the other Chinese but not as muddy in the low mids/bass IME.

So if you like what chinese 12ax7’s do but wish they were a little clearer, you will probably be happy. In some amps you probably won’t be able to tell a difference at all.

Good to hear l, I appreciate the info! My morin modded Marshall calls for them, according to mike. May not be a huge difference, but he does say that his designs specifically call for these, so I figured I’ll give them a shot.

Good to hear l, I appreciate the info! My morin modded Marshall calls for them, according to mike. May not be a huge difference, but he does say that his designs specifically call for these, so I figured I’ll give them a shot.
That’s the kind of amp you will probably hear a difference in. However if it sounds good with the foil getter ones, it will still sound good with the normal ones, so as they get harder to obtain I just wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Back