FS/ FT DAR FBM100h- SOLD

Not the highest gain one for anyone reading- also is it confirmed that that is true about 2 and 3? I’ve heard rumors of stuff that wasn’t true.
https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/nad-like-2-weeks-later-dar-fbm-100h.217263/

IMG_1546.png

Hopefully this helps you with a little background on this particular amp.

Ben said “possibly other things” were done to it as well.

Maybe someone else will know what was “done” to it other than being lower gain then a normal FBM100H.

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/nad-like-2-weeks-later-dar-fbm-100h.217263/

View attachment 307977

Hopefully this helps you with a little background on this particular amp.

Ben said “possibly other things” were done to it as well.

Maybe someone else will know what was “done” to it other than being lower gain then a normal FBM100H.
Interesting! Had no idea- I don’t know how this could possibly need more gain tbh- I use the gain at like 9 o clock to 12 and it’s way more than enough- but thanks for the info- I’ll update the description to mention this

Mike G told me the standard move was metal1 thru metal3 having increasing levels of gain. I asked him to make mine with all three metal channels to be fire breathers. So I would not doubt that some FBMs will be different in the gain department. But this was well over 10 years (and a lot of alcohol) ago so take my info as seriously as you would if it was coming from the ass end of a drunken monkey.

I wish there was a builder who could copy mine and make more- would rather everyone could have them even if it tanked the value- none of the builders I asked have wanted to take it on- and I don’t blame them- the fact that dsp is involved and all the microsoldering seems to make it an impossible task

I wish there was a builder who could copy mine and make more- would rather everyone could have them even if it tanked the value- none of the builders I asked have wanted to take it on- and I don’t blame them- the fact that dsp is involved and all the microsoldering seems to make it an impossible task
Would be cool if someone would take it on

Guys, the amp Ola demos and others online is not the same amp as this one. I don’t know if you can follow reading previous posts but literally the guy that ordered this one called out it was modded in “ways” and had less gain on channel 2* and also less on channel 3*. I assume the build on this is like most amps where changing a single channel cascades into resulting in changes in the other (channel 4). So I don’t see how we are ignoring this and not calling out this not a true FBM even if that was the base for the project and the name on it.

Also the builder can’t make them or do repairs so you think his ability to do customer mods a few amps into this run was dialed in? Highly doubtful. Just think and be aware of what your getting and talking about here.

Last edited:

I doubt Kyle would have the time, but you could reach out to KSR.

I doubt Kyle would have the time, but you could reach out to KSR.
I’ve tried contacting him about stuff in the past I’m not gotten responses back. Would also love to get it to Cliff from fractal, but I don’t have reliable contact info for him

I’ve tried contacting him about stuff in the past I’m not gotten responses back. Would also love to get it to Cliff from fractal, but I don’t have reliable contact info for him

I can message him if you want. I don't know that he'd be interested, but if you want me to ask let me know.

I can message him if you want. I don't know that he'd be interested, but if you want me to ask let me know.
That would be amazing- if I could make this sound available to other people, it would make me really happy

Back