Probs with Herbert at gig

herbert001442

Peter or anyone!

Had my herbie working fine on saturday practising. I then took it to a gig at night and when i set up i turned it on and the fuses inside blew.
I opened it out and changed them but it happened again. In Fact it happened 9 times!!!
I had to do the gig with a spare amp which worked fine.
I tried it at home yesterday and its working fine.
Any idea what can cause this??
The bass player had his amp plugged into my four way power - could that cause it and if so why did this not happen with my spare amp.
Also could the midi do this?? I run a Boss FC 50 midi footswitch powered by a boss power supply with a 5 pin midi cable. I have blew the fuses before when i plugged the midi lead in but nothing at a gig or to that extent.
Any advice would be great. Would there maybe something wrong with the amp and it needs to be looked at??
Please help!! :?

>|<>QBB<
herbert001442":99e11 said:
Peter or anyone!

Had my herbie working fine on saturday practising. I then took it to a gig at night and when i set up i turned it on and the fuses inside blew.
I opened it out and changed them but it happened again. In Fact it happened 9 times!!!
I had to do the gig with a spare amp which worked fine.
I tried it at home yesterday and its working fine.
Any idea what can cause this??
The bass player had his amp plugged into my four way power - could that cause it and if so why did this not happen with my spare amp.
Also could the midi do this?? I run a Boss FC 50 midi footswitch powered by a boss power supply with a 5 pin midi cable. I have blew the fuses before when i plugged the midi lead in but nothing at a gig or to that extent.
Any advice would be great. Would there maybe something wrong with the amp and it needs to be looked at??
Please help!! :?

Check the sum of ambers of your amp and your bass player's amp. Then check how many ambers the 4 way power can tolerate. Honestly I don't think the amp has a problem.

Peter
can you lend any advice on this??

I have checked the valves and everything i can
Tried plugging the amp in different places and it still blows fuses.
Its now blown 28 fuses
i am plugging the amp in to different 4 x12's and tried different leads but still the same problems

Back