Need help with my Diezel Einstein

erik

Hi all! First of all, I hope you understand my english :)

Today, when I was at band rehersal, I discoverd a scary thing. My volume on my Diezel Einstein (100W version) has dropped dramatically. Before, I used to play together with my band with the master knob at about nine o'clock, but today I pushed it all the way up to 11 o'clock, and it still wasn't loud enough. But the weird thing is that the sound of the amp hasn't changed anything, it's just the volume that has dropped. I have a theory or two of what might have happened:

Number 1: When I went to the rehersal, I put my Diezel in the back of our car. The road that we drived on was very bumpy. So it might have happened something during the transport.

Number 2: When I got at the rehersal, I powered the amp up without plugging the speaker-cable in. I didn't turn on the standby-button, only the powerswitch. It was on for about 30 seconds before I noticed it. I then turned off the amp right away and plugged the cable in.

All the tubes are glowing, and I can't see anything wrong with it (well, there isn't much that I can see, but anyway). What do you think the problem is? Anything that I could try out? I tried to use both master volume controllers, and I also tried both of the 8ohm jacks on the Einstein, but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks for all reply

>|<>QBB<
erik":5f795 said:
Number 2: When I got at the rehersal, I powered the amp up without plugging the speaker-cable in. I didn't turn on the standby-button, only the powerswitch. It was on for about 30 seconds before I noticed it. I then turned off the amp right away and plugged the cable in.

There's nothing wrong the time you mentioned. 30 seconds will not kill your power tubes.
A serious bump can damage them and shorten their lifespan for sure. It has happened to me with a VHT power amp that I had. I replaced them and I re biased the amp and everything worked wonderful again.

Okay, I've checked the fuses now, and they are okay. So could it might be the tubes then? Is it a way of testing the tubes witout sending the amp in to a store or something?

Sorry for the issue Erik !

Please check the tubes first.
I assume You got the amp from TRE45.

If the problem stays, they should repair
it or send it to me.

:(

Yup, I got the amp from Tre45. I will visit them soon, so they can take a look at the amp.

Thanks a lot for the help :)

Okay, just a last question. If it is the tubes that are damaged, will it damage my amp if I play it while the tubes are damaged?

I want to play it now :(

>|<>QBB<
erik":906e7 said:
Okay, just a last question. If it is the tubes that are damaged, will it damage my amp if I play it while the tubes are damaged?

I want to play it now :(

Take off the damaged pair and you'll be ok.
Also put your speaker cable to 8 ohm!

Okay, I sent the amp in. They told me that it was probably the transformer that was damaged. They said they would fix it, and at the same time I got them to do the footswitchmod.

But I delivered the amp February 10th, and I still haven't got it back. I've called them several times, and I always get the answer that they haven't recieved the transformer yet. But finally today they told me that the transformer had come to Oslo. So something is finally happening. I might get it tomorrow!

But is it possible that it could be the transformer? I'm just a bit afraid if they are unable to fix it, but I'm sure they know what they're doing

Back