New EINSTEIN user Question ?

highgear

Hi

I'm a new EINSTEIN user from Luxemburg. :)

While the stock tubes preamp and the EL34 powertubes are fantastic
for rock and heavy music , i want to ask you, how to nail the SRV sound best . For me, the sound ist al little bit to harsh and stiff for the SRV style playing. (what's good for rock, because of the superb note seperation and definition)

Any recommondations for preamp and poweramp tubes to make the sound a little bit more mellow , especially in medium volumes (so preamp volume on 2 o'clock and master on 10 o'clock?

Info: For the moment i use a 2x12 G12H Heritage Box , but i want to buy a 2x12 Diezel rearmounted box and a Diezel 1x12 openback in the near future.

Thank you very much,

Highgear

E83CC-Cz !

A lot of highs and bass without the hard
mid articulation of the Chinas ?

Please check it out

Hey Peter,

If you see this,is that what you put in my Herbert in V1, you work on it after namm, I thought it looked like a JJ/Tesla, but its not marked. I sent you an e-mail asking but I guess it got lost in your bulk folder, whatever it is it sounds GREAT! If thats what it is I definitely recommend it. Never been a fan of JJ's preamp tubes but it works there if so.

-Nick

Hi

Thank you all very much for your help. :)

Yesterday i played a gig with Einstein with my SRV CoverBand and i´ve installed 2 6L6 and a 5751 in V1 from (both are tubes from my handwired 64Vibroverb Reissue) and it worked very well . :D

I think i will try other preamp tubes , because you hear the difference really good in this amp. But i will stay with the mix of 2 6L6 and 2 EL34.

And because of the Eistein has better SRV Sound than the Fender Vibroverb, :D i will sell the Vibroverb to get a second Einstein .
I´d like to have a combo Einstein also.

What i have definitily to change is the speaker cabinet.

One other thing is, that i need not really the footswitchable mode for channel one , but for me it would be cool ,if the second channel has the same EQ voicing like channel 1 mode 3. Then , for me personally , it would be perfect.

Peter , on Friday i will visit you at Franfurt Musikmesse .

Einstein channel 1 Texas mode rules :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back