I recieve my brand new Herbert tomorrow!! What can I expect? Havent played one yet.

born2lift

Hello everyone. I just joined today, and wanted to say hello.
I recently visited Make'n Music, in Chicago. I was there to pick up a guitar. I happened to plugged into a Bogner Exctacy and was blown away.
So after I returned home to Michigan, I started to do my research, with my heart set on a Bogner amp.
I have heard of Diezel amps before, and seen that Make'n sold them.
To make a long story short, I found some sound clips and video demos of both Diezel and Bogner's. Just going by what I have heard off of the internet I decided to drop the cash for a Herbert, as they seem to be amazing.
I am now playing a newer Peavey JSX, through a Marshall 1960 Lead 4x12, and a 1960 Vintage 4x12. I had thought that I had found "my" tone with this set up. That was until I plugged into that Bogner.
I was wondering what I can expect with my new Herbert through these Marshall cabs? Or should I get something else? I also have an Avatar 4x12 with two V30s and two G12H30s in an X patteren. I didnt think my JSX sounded that good through it, so I got the Marshall cabs.
I over heard a salesman at Make'n Music telling a customer that the Boner 4x12s sound the best.

Sorry to ramble on with my first post.

Your cranium just might explode when you first hit a chord with the mid cut engaged.

If you survive that your hair will light on fire after your first single note run.

You are going to hate it and I am going to strongly you suggest not even opening it up, and shipping it right to me in San Diego. I'll even pay shipping :mrgreen: :mrgreen: HAHA

Seriously, you will LOVE it. It is INSANE in every way imaginable. Have fun bro!!!!!!!

Boners are definitely best. :p Seriously though, Bogners and Diezels sound pretty different, both excellent in their own right with some crossover. I used to have an Uberschall and now have the Herbert which I prefer. If I was rich I would love to have both! As for cabs Diezel and Bogner are both great!

I've had both amps and the Diezel is more of a modern metal beast. :twisted: The XTC's are more normal amps that have a great organic earthy tone. The Diezel is the same but more modern sounding. Did you get a hold of the settings sheet to start from!?

Your ears will start bleeding once you hit your first power chord, your hair will turn green (if it already is, it will turn purple), your feet will barely be able to support your weight, and you will...well, you know... :D

Have fun. ;)

No, nonononono guys!

At first, he´ll get blind, because of the ultra blue LED´s when he turns the amp on. :twisted:

Not too long a gig I've played a gig where a chick came upstage with gaffa in her hand - not for some public bondage, but to put it over my LEDs.
She said it would would make her blind . . . No shit :D

I love my ultra blue LEDs. Every so often I still think "What's that blue thing?" or "Arrrgghhh the back of my hand's gone blue!" where they reflect off or light up stuff from quite a distance!

They do make it an arse to take good photos of your Diezel for rig pics though! ;-)

Get ready for you life to change! This will be almost a religious experience. And turn it up!!!

You'll probably have to consult your doctor, as your erection will certainly last more than four hours! :D

>|<>QBB<
duesentrieb":e37d3 said:
Not too long a gig I've played a gig where a chick came upstage with gaffa in her hand - not for some public bondage, but to put it over my LEDs.
She said it would would make her blind . . . No shit :D

You bastards don´t like the bright LED´s ?

OK, I will decrease the brightness Judas :eek:

Hey guys,
I just got my Herbert out of the box. Unfortately the amp is really cold, since it was sitting in the back of a FedEx truck, in 20 degree weather.
I might wait till tomorrow after work to fire it up. I dont want to damage anything.
Just looking at it gives me a raging boner! It looks very high tech. It makes my JSX look like a cheap toy.
Its gonna be cool to not have to use an overdrive pedal any more.
Does anyone know if you need a noise gate with the Herbert?
I have an ISP Decimator, which works like a charm. It would be nice to be able to eliminate it though.
Once I have some time with my new purchase, I will let you all know what I think.

Back