New Herbert, ZW Overdrive pedal

isnt the evolution 2 pickup a cleaner less gainy pick up than the evolution 1 ? i use emg 81's and the herbert sounds amazing ...i will agree that the herbert does sound better louder...but thats why it's 180 watts.....the extra headroom gives you amazing tone when you get it to large venues that require volume. the herbert is certainly not an amp to just jam in a bedroom. its a professional amp made to be played live, hence all the loops, switchable options and power on tap.

if you want more gain at lower levels ...crank up the channel volume and gain..... and then adjust either V 1 or V2 to your taste.... those volumes are independent from eachother ...its a boost function for when you want to kick in some extra volume for a solo setting.

id also seriously recommend using the mid-cut and set the intensity at 10:00 and the volume at 2:00 this will make a world of difference and tighten and thicken up all you need.

scoeb city, I wouldnt say that it is a less gainy pickup, just more dynamic. The EVO 1 is kind of ice picky sounding.
I have been playing my Herbert all day. I am not sure what happened exactly, but now it sounds great without the OD pedal.
Having the mid cut at 10:00 and 2:00 sure helps a lot.
Thanks for your help everyone.

Back