Herbert users: Parallel or Serial loop? And many more questions regarding the loop!

Random Hero

When i've been using the parallel with the g-major, i've noticed that when I kick the loop in, the sound gets a tad quieter, so i've been using Master 2 to compensate, but that could get fiddly, having to set that up correctly every time. Could this be that i'm not giving the G-Major enough juice (the ch masters are only on 2.5) or could it be how I have it set up?

I can't try it now, but if I switch to the serial loop, should the volume issues vanish aslong as I get unity gain on the G-Major's in/out?

Also, when plugged into the parallel loop, the G-Major's in/out knobs don't seem to affect the volume of anything, more so the mix of the effect?

Help!

I use a G-force in the serial loop. The G-major is a quality unit and should not color the sound using it in the serial loop.

Just set the input levels up as to not peak on the G-major and then set the output level of the G-major to equal volume levels of wether the effect is in the loop or out. Use the toggle switch in the front of the herbert to listen for a volume difference...Works for me...A satisfied Diezel customer :D

Try it.... I think the benefits out way any audible differences that my ear can hear. Plus it's switchable via Midi if you are going that route.

lol, the parallel then?

Maybe I need to give the G more juice then, or perhaps the in/out needs to be set differently?

I have the KillDry on, if that's any help?

I use the switchable seriall loop. No Problems. But i turned the Input range to consumer. The pots are at 12:00.

I Dont like the parallel Loop. It sounds weird to me. :?

I think that you can make the parallel loop footswitchable by using the return of the parallel loop and the send of the switchable loop???

I use a DD20 and Rockman Stereo Echo with my Herbert and I actually like the tone better with the series loop.......

I'm using the parallel loop with a rack FX unit - my mix level on the amp is set to about 1 o'clock and the levels on the FX unit set to taste.

>|<>QBB<
Bato":d6f15 said:
You have to connect your FX stuff with the switchable loop?!?!?!? :?

Herbie´s got 3 Loops.

Yeah - I have it connected it the switchable loop. The switchable PARALLEL loop. When I tried changing the position of the cables, I just ended up with general weirdness and not what I was after.

I didn't know the serial could be switchable.

My Herbie is a 2004..ser# 001/196 before the external bias and fusing. The switchable loop is serial. The mix/volume control an the back has no effect on the signal.

>|<>QBB<
Justmc":6fde3 said:
My Herbie is a 2004..ser# 001/196 before the external bias and fusing. The switchable loop is serial. The mix/volume control an the back has no effect on the signal.

Hmm, well I think my switchable is parallel, since I needed to use the killdry to get rid of some weird phasing - a mark of a parallel loop.

The pot on the back has a great effect on the signal of my fx.

>|<>QBB<
Justmc":ba3bd said:
I'm using the SEND and RETURN marked switchable loop.

Yeah, I just tried that. That's serial - I can tell. I don't need the kill dry, but the controls on the front act better. I can't help but think it changes the cleans to be less percussive somehow?

I've gone back to the switchable parallel for now, but it's annoying having to use Master 2 to balance the whole thing out when using the loop.

Anyone else with any more ideas?

Back