Help, anyone!! Diezel VH4 voltage settings, Peter??

Nothingnesss11

does anyone know what the diezel vh4 voltage for USA models is supposed to be?

i live in California USA and my VH4 (Serial #:060657) says Mains:120V Fuses: 4,0 AT

On the front side of the main fuse drawer it says "to be used only with 250V fuses". i dont know if this is relevant

i read somewhere in the owners manual that USA models are set to 110 or 115V? is that right? does that mean that my amp is not set to USA voltage? if so, can it be converted to meet USA voltage settings? i'm really confused. can anyone help.?? can Peter help?

thank you!
ray

Hi,

since voltage in households do have a lot of variance between 110 and 120V, you are fine as long as your your amp is labelled for anything between 110 and 120V. It should be marked "120V" on the backplate.

The manual is older than your 2006 model of the VH4 and probably with the increase of voltage in the US several years ago, Peter wired the transformers for 120V instead of 115V years ago.

Don't worry about the labelling on the fuse drawer, since the power going thru 240V/2A or 120V/4A is the same.

awesome, pheww. thanks for the help.

i have two blown out fuses and was wondering why that happened. i got in touch with uwe and and will visit a guy here in los angeles that will help me out with it.

thanks again 8)

Blown fuses are mostly caused by the powertubes, which got a bit loose from transport. Just push them back into theri sockets and get some spare fuses . . .

Back