What pickups do you like to run with your Diezel?

>|<>QBB<
i.ak":dcb23 said:
...when it only shall arive. :roll:

It will be 884 model, which you can easily find from the Blackmachine's official web site.

I ordered and paid the deposit few months ago and I assume that the guitar will arive in April or May, but I do not know the exact D-day - unfortunately.

wow man, tell us when you get that one :eek:

I have some EMG 81, and in other guitars some Seymour Duncans... and I must admit that the EMG sounds really brutal, love them... they really eat the rest !.

>|<>QBB<
itsme":58fc1 said:
Make/model, high-output/low-output?

I use Seymour Duncans. Low outputs. Pearly Gates set, Alnico II pro set, '59 set, and jazz/custom. They are all very low output, except for the custom which I use for down-tuned metal. I feel the low-outputs let me turn up the gain higher and retain clarity. They are very open. A lot of you guys have really good tones, what do you use and why?
DITTO, My Heritage H150 with a Duncan Pearly G in the Bridge and a 59' in the neck smokes! Try the Screamin demon too (10K), not a real high gain pup as in the name but ir packs smokin tone and balance!

:|::QBB:
Peter Diezel":cd211 said:
Nothing over 7k :p
yes nothing over 7kohm. through a diezel. if i had one.
i'm a big SRV fan right now. John Mayer is guilty for that.
Somehow he sounds more like Eric Clapton. but his soloing pushed me onto SRV.

Hello all.. This is my first post as a Diezel owner (the elite). Ive got Black Magic double-slug 496R/500T, black/red coils on my Gibson Les Paul. Are these under 7K?

Im not sure about the finer details such as this yet. I intend to learn more about the electronics of my equipment and I thought here would be a great place to start. Rig-Talk is such a great forum from what Ive read so far.

Heres to my new Herbert! Wahey!!!
Bryan

No, 7k is like single coil range, there are a few humbuckers in that area, that are in the high 7's...I'm sure there might even be lower, but I think they're talking single coils here, those pup's you have are pretty damn hot, but if they sound good to you then thats all that matters, I like mine moderate to slightly on the hot side so its more searing. I just got that Suhr DSH I talked about earlier in this thread and its absolutely perfect everything I thought it would be.

-Nick

:|::QBB:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":ca59a said:
No, 7k is like single coil range, there are a few humbuckers in that area, that are in the high 7's...I'm sure there might even be lower, but I think they're talking single coils here, those pup's you have are pretty damn hot, but if they sound good to you then thats all that matters, I like mine moderate to slightly on the hot side so its more searing. I just got that Suhr DSH I talked about earlier in this thread and its absolutely perfect everything I thought it would be.
-Nick
Cheers for that Nick. I understand now.. Your right Im way above 7K :D
Cant wait to get my Herbert next week. Its been delayed a little bit.

I have tried EMG 81 and 85s and original 1980s dirtyfingers with 16k output....the EMGs have the edge but the dirtyfingers are a close second

Back