Diezel Eminence speakers - not liking them at -PETER??

eonblue

I A/B'ed the two as well(both in Diezel Cabs) and I ended up choosing the V30's. Different strokes I guess.

im sure its depending what you're going for ...maybe it sounds better for the einstein..or some of the lower gain settings some people love to use. i haven't tried them...but ive tried eminence's before and wasn't into them that much either..but it all depends on taste .

Are those G12C's the G12 Century's celestion have done for quite a long time now?

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=1

Or are they G12 Century Vintage?

Or are they something completely different?

I've been wondering what those Century's sound like for ages but have yet to meet anyone who's tried them or seen them stock in any cab!?! Maybe that's them! :?

BTW Peter said in my "Which Cab?" Poll (I think it was!) that he leans towards the celestions. :)

I have four 8ohm Celestion G12 Century speakers in my Krank Revolution 4x12" cabinet.

Currently I am selling the cab, because the highs will explode my head off. And I just bought Rivera K212 and VHT "Fat Bottom" 2x12" cabinets.

If your amp (head or combo) is dark and unclear sounding I may recommend TRYING these, but at least in 4x12" cabinet with VH4 they did not work out that well. The speakers are extremely sensitive and clear, but do not have any character or personality of their own, in my oppinnion.

Surely they are tight as... umm...maybe it is not suitable to say it out loud.
...but they do not seem to handle the deep bass extremely well (I am using downtuned 7- string guitars - 8-string on its way).
Highs are extremely sparkly, even too ice picky sometimes. Mids are somewhat dull and lifeless, but definitely in front.

These speakes do cut through, but do they cut through the way one wants them to is a wholy different question.

Maybe I would use these speakers in a Line 6 2x12" combo. Could work. Don't own such a combo - Haven't tried.

I have a pair of Diezel Customs in my Marshall 4x12" mixed with G75Ts. I like them (this way). They had been in my Diezel 2x12" rear before, where I have now a V30s and a Century Vintage.

>|<>QBB<
snider":fe40c said:
I just got this 4X12 NYC cab and I have ab'd against all my other cabs including Bogners and Marshalls and Egnaters which are all loaded with Celestions. I like V30s and am missing something with these. The crunch is not there. Will these eminence get better with age or should I dump them now Peter?

I like the V30 much more :wink:

Back