Einstein speaker preference

GloryHog

I'm already aware that the einstein likes V30's, but I'm talking ohms. Was the einstein built for a 8 ohm cab or a 16 ohm cab(4x12)? Does it even matter? Is one louder than the other? Just trying to get a grasp on this darn ohm thing. Just want whats best for Einy! :? :wink:

My Einstein combo came with a V-30 16 ohm speaker.
While V-30's are not usually my favorite speaker, they do sound really good with Diezels.
I put a beam blocker in front of my speaker in the combo to deflect the harsher tones that would normally be associated with that speaker. The sound now feels that it blooms out of the cab and it is no longer harsh at all.
I also put in lower rated 12A*7's in V-1 and V-2. After playing out this weekend, I feel that the amp has a sweeter, more singing SLP type grind to it, more roar and sweeter sounding highs, but still retains the true Diezel voice, which I wanted to have.
I have tried other speakers, but only from Celestion and two of my faves are the Classic Lead 80's for even sounding tones and the G-65 older model speakers which have a warm tone to them.
In my Diezel speaker cab for the Herbert, Uwe and Peter decided on a pair of Celestion G12-H speakers which are rated to take only 60 watts of power from the head wired as they are in my cab, but I never use it louder then that anyway.
I also have an 8 ohm Celestion 150 watt speaker in a Marshall 1912 cab that the Herbert sounds terrific using.
The ohm thing is just a matter of how speakers are used in different configurations. The speaker can be ordered in either 16 ohms or 8 ohms.

I tried a G12H-100 in the Einstein combo but felt the midrange emphasis of the stock V30 suits the amp better.

>|<>QBB<
GloryHog":218f2 said:
I'm already aware that the einstein likes V30's, but I'm talking ohms. Was the einstein built for a 8 ohm cab or a 16 ohm cab(4x12)? Does it even matter? Is one louder than the other? Just trying to get a grasp on this darn ohm thing. Just want whats best for Einy! :? :wink:

You have speaker outputs to match every impedance.

:weedman:

Back