LED Replacement on a Herbert

sevenstringer

V2 LED is out on my Herbert and I am going to replace it myself. How difficult is it to get in there and replace the LEDs? I have had it apart before but never focussed on the LED location, etc
Anyone done it themselves? How much time should I set aside for this?

Well, I just got off of the phone with Ted at Salwender. He mentioned that it isn't that difficult if you have an electronics background, which I do. These guys are AMAZING. Great customer service and always a pleasure to talk to! If only all companies were this good!!!!!!

^Really? I think their service to me has been pathetic. They have never replied to any of my e-mails or made return phone calls when they said they would.

Burn your own bridges............UWE has been nothing but professional in all of my conversations.
Rick

Uwe is the man! he helped me out so much in fixing the midi problem with my vh-4. overnighting parts from the west coast to the east and just spending the time to explain things. you can't buy better customer service. there isn't a better company out there. DIEZEL IS THE BEST!!!!

>|<>QBB<
mhenson42":84efd said:
^Really? I think their service to me has been pathetic. They have never replied to any of my e-mails or made return phone calls when they said they would.

Please contact me, if there are any problems.

Thanks,

Peter

The LED has two legs - a longer (+) and a shorter one. On the PCB you'll find the label where (+) goes. I would cut the old LED, leave some of the PIN on the board and solder the new PINs there.
After you're done, just add a tiny drop of superglue to the LED/chassis - from the inside of the amp.
And please just use blue LEDs - everything else will be fried due to the 3.5Volts. Only blue LEDs handle that.

I just received the LEDs that were sent overnight DHL from Salwender.....I think I said it before, but I just wanted to re-iterate how kick ass those guys are. Many thanks!!!!!!!!

>|<>QBB<
Peter Diezel":e9bde said:
>|<>QBB<

Please contact me, if there are any problems.

Thanks,

Peter

I have a problem with the MIDI thru on my Herbert. It never worked and I found out about it after about 3 or 4 weeks receiving it (when I purchased my MIDI controller). I posted a thread about it here where you suggested it might be a bad opti-coupler or something like that and to contact Uwe. The thread appears to have been delted because I can't find it. I called Salwender twice and was told someone would call me back each time - noone did. I sent an e-mail and never received a response. After 3 attempts, I gave up since it was not an emergency because I am able to go directly into my FX unit and out the MIDI through on it then into the Herbert to control both. I figure I'll just get it fixed if I ever have to send it in for something else. I was just personally disappointed since I had higher expectations. I just spent over $4,000 on the amp and had a problem and there was no follow through on their end.

Other than that, I have been extremely satisfied with my purchase. 8)

>|<>QBB<
mhenson42":11361 said:
>|<>QBB<

I have a problem with the MIDI thru on my Herbert. It never worked and I found out about it after about 3 or 4 weeks receiving it (when I purchased my MIDI controller). I posted a thread about it here where you suggested it might be a bad opti-coupler or something like that and to contact Uwe. The thread appears to have been delted because I can't find it. I called Salwender twice and was told someone would call me back each time - noone did. I sent an e-mail and never received a response. After 3 attempts, I gave up since it was not an emergency because I am able to go directly into my FX unit and out the MIDI through on it then into the Herbert to control both. I figure I'll just get it fixed if I ever have to send it in for something else. I was just personally disappointed since I had higher expectations. I just spent over $4,000 on the amp and had a problem and there was no follow through on their end.

We will send You new optocouplers and a new controller chip.
Please email me Your address to

peterdiezel at diezelamplification.com

Thanks

>|<>QBB<
mhenson42":b3361 said:
>|<>QBB<

Please try to swap the wires on pin 4 and pin 5 on the thru jack.

Back