VH4 (+06 serial) EQ frequencies

i.ak

Could someone, perhaps You Peter or Olaf, share his knowledge about the exact EQ fregiencies where VH4 is set?

I am aware that i.e. changing pre- and poweramp tubes have an (more or less significant) effect to the EQ frequencies, but in what frequencies is the amp itself set.

I know that the precence is +/- 4 kHz and the deep is set to approximately 80 Hz, but how about the treble, middle and bass.

Also, is the 12:00 o'clock position a sort of a zero position where the frequencies are neither boosted nor cut? I think this is the most common setup, but does this apply also VH4.

I would check all of this by myself, but it is more than challenging to get unbiased test results due to the effect caused by i.e. speakers and mics, and I am also 100 % sure that at least Peter will do have this very knowledge already because he have designed and built these wonderful machines.

Thank You.

Maybe not. All in all, it is more or less the key to the sound.
Guess I have to rely on my own findings.

Do you mind if we keep on speculating about it or would you prefer removing the whole topic?

We have different eq´s on some of the channels.
Bass and middle are as usual but the
center frequency for the treble is different.
It´s all passive.

the main tonal shape happens before the
tone controls.

Enough ............................... :)

Well, to be honest...No. :roll:

Just kidding...
I think it is better to keep the rest as a secret. I continue on my own investigations at some point.

The reason why I raised the question is, because I find the EQ frequencies to be set somewhat 'personally' (esp. channel 3) and it is not exactly that easy task to dial in good live sounds for two guitars, from which one is using VH4 and another i.e. Framus Cobra. Well, all amps should be approached as individuals and thus their co-operation is not that self evident.

Also, I want to mention that it is interresting how the presence control affects the whole nature of the amp. This applies especially in terms of attack, whereas usually I have had to dig out that certain punch from the mids.

Thank You Peter for Your answers. Maybe we just bury the topic.

Best Regards,

Ilkka

Back