• VH4

Votes: 48 100.0%
  • HERBERT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barney

Hi guys, hi Peter,
Heres my situation:
I am trying to decide if I should get a Herbert or a VH4. I am a huge Tool fan and thats probably the main reason why I want a Diezel. The other would be because ive heard the Herbert and VH4 can do any type of music.

Which one would you get if you were me? VH4 or Herbert?

I really like Adam Jones tone and I also like Mike Mushok's tone (Staind). I play mostly modern hard rock. I would also benefit from a great clean channel too.

I have enough to spend on the Herbert or VH4.

I read on the Diezel site that every time you change power tubes on the Herbert or VH4 you have to do something with the bias? I would certainly buy that tool that is suggested, but is this a difficult job? I have no experience with electrical stuff and I know nothing about the bias of an amp.

Another thing I want to ask is: Would you recommned a oversized cab to use with a Diezel for the TOOL/modern rock tone im looking for or a standard traditional 4x12?

By the way, I can't try these amps because the closest dealer is too far and I plan on taking this amp/cab to Central America. I think its going to be the first Diezel there.

Help me decide guys! I plan on getting one amp and cab this friday!

Those guys you just mentioned have great studio and live tone but also tons of techs and sound engineers at their disposal.
Both amps are excellent and they're both Diezels meaning that they share certain tonal characteristics.
Herbert is a bit looser and VH4 tighter and more compressed.
Herbert is easier to play with.
VH4 has 4 channels while Herbert has 3. It is a dedicated crunch channel which can also be used as a second clean.
I'm sure you already know the specs of each amp.
Just look at your basic needs and decide.

There ya' go! The Master has spoken. You won't get better info then that!

Back