Going from Prostage via XLR to Columbus via midi

vsopking

Hi there,
Already for some years I play my VHs4 using the large prostage midi pedal that processes midisignals and receives it's power from the XLR bus placed next to the original midi in/through busses.

Because the Columbus has nicer dimensions; I like to replace the Prostage pedal with this new pedal.
That will mean: exit XLR introducing midi -in.

However, I don't know if if this means extensive soldering etc. - does the original midi still has phantom power or not? Is it possible to use the XLR bus anyway, by using a midi to XLR converter?
Any suggestions welcome!

You don´t need no soldering.
Your Herbie can support the board with power via the midi-jacks.

If you are going to sell the ProStage X10(?) i could be interested, so feel free to write a pm later.

Thanks for your reaction; however, I do own a VH4s so I do believe something will have to be changed, as at this point I have a dedicated XLR bus that accepts the Prostage. And yes. I will probably sell it if the Columbus "fits". I am not sure but if you are thinking of buying the Prostage you may need a dedicated XLR bus on your amp! The Prostage is rather large and heavy - and wil withstand rain it's the pro-version. In the mean time also asked retailer for help - so keep you posted. :)

Dimensions: 675 x 165 x 60 mm
Weight: X10pro: 3.5 kg, X10: 3.1 kg
Still interested? - It needs a big case to lug around... ;)

I use a Herbert with the small ProStage, so no problems concerning the XLR-bus. ;)

Have to check the dimensions....I have a Behringer FCB and I find it to big.

Luckily, I could use the same input XLR to link pedal to amp.
(After thourough check before connecting!)

Anyone interested in BIG prostage X10Pro - midipedal??

Back