Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Oct 19, 2017 6:53pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 02, 2012 4:52pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Apr 02, 2011 10:02pm
Posts: 1665
I am thinking of going with a different power tube when I retube my Herbert. Maybe 6L6's or KT77's. Im sure the output transformers are capable of pushing them but I just wanted to check with my fellow RT'ers before I did the swap. Thanks in advance...

_________________
Smooth transactions with; killertone, stratotone, xzyryabx, base 341, tonesfoyobones, dual lead, tcrash, ibenhad, sevenstringer, jordanky, Emg77, locoed, HughJasol, Prestodone, Kevho, BigDog(x2), hey_bert_whatcha_doin_bert, djpharoah, stratjacket(x2), Adam of Angels, Thor1777, MkLane, Immersed, engage757, bwill81, Racerxrated


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 02, 2012 7:00pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker
User avatar

Joined: Mon, Dec 28, 2009 9:49pm
Posts: 859
Location: Sacramento Ca.
I had a mix of kt88's and el34's in mine..
I think you can put any tube or combination that you want, as long as they're in pairs.
Does yours have external bias points?

_________________
Great deals with: AlienRocker, bwgintegra, code001, bognerluv, metalhead, mhenson42, tonemonster, Mizati20, blessedadversary777, jkdsteve, EMG77, Garey77, Rockstarnick, King Guitar, Detroit ABA, Warhead78, Engage757,


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 02, 2012 7:08pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Oct 04, 2009 4:55pm
Posts: 2933
If the tube fits the sockets, Herbert can run it.

_________________
Rippin' it up on a Squire 3/4 scale and Rage 158!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 02, 2012 9:08pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Apr 02, 2011 10:02pm
Posts: 1665
base341 wrote:
I had a mix of kt88's and el34's in mine..
I think you can put any tube or combination that you want, as long as they're in pairs.
Does yours have external bias points?


Yeah, I have a few KT88's, EL34's, and 6L6's laying around. I might just throw a mix of all of them in there. How you been bro? Long time no hear!

_________________
Smooth transactions with; killertone, stratotone, xzyryabx, base 341, tonesfoyobones, dual lead, tcrash, ibenhad, sevenstringer, jordanky, Emg77, locoed, HughJasol, Prestodone, Kevho, BigDog(x2), hey_bert_whatcha_doin_bert, djpharoah, stratjacket(x2), Adam of Angels, Thor1777, MkLane, Immersed, engage757, bwill81, Racerxrated


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 02, 2012 9:31pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker
User avatar

Joined: Mon, Dec 28, 2009 9:49pm
Posts: 859
Location: Sacramento Ca.
blessedadversary777 wrote:
base341 wrote:
I had a mix of kt88's and el34's in mine..
I think you can put any tube or combination that you want, as long as they're in pairs.
Does yours have external bias points?


Yeah, I have a few KT88's, EL34's, and 6L6's laying around. I might just throw a mix of all of them in there. How you been bro? Long time no hear!


Been doing pretty good. You taking care of my soloist?? :rock:
I joined a thrash metal band earlier this year and have been having a blast..
We're opening for The Iron Maidens here in town later this month.
How's your band doing? I assume you've fully recovered from your injury.

_________________
Great deals with: AlienRocker, bwgintegra, code001, bognerluv, metalhead, mhenson42, tonemonster, Mizati20, blessedadversary777, jkdsteve, EMG77, Garey77, Rockstarnick, King Guitar, Detroit ABA, Warhead78, Engage757,


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03, 2012 4:15pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Apr 02, 2011 10:02pm
Posts: 1665
base341 wrote:
blessedadversary777 wrote:
base341 wrote:
I had a mix of kt88's and el34's in mine..
I think you can put any tube or combination that you want, as long as they're in pairs.
Does yours have external bias points?


Yeah, I have a few KT88's, EL34's, and 6L6's laying around. I might just throw a mix of all of them in there. How you been bro? Long time no hear!


Been doing pretty good. You taking care of my soloist?? :rock:
I joined a thrash metal band earlier this year and have been having a blast..
We're opening for The Iron Maidens here in town later this month.
How's your band doing? I assume you've fully recovered from your injury.


Dang! Are you guys opening up for THE Iron Maiden? Seriously? Congrats on joining the thrash metal band! Im still taking good care of your Soloist, as always. Just let me know when you need me to "take care" of your Custom Shop. :lol: :LOL: I quit my band I was in last time we spoke. Im now in a djent/deathcore type band and am way more happy with the music we are writing than my last project. Im pretty much fully healed up and wrist is doing great. Hope all is well with you and yours. Be blessed bro :rock:

_________________
Smooth transactions with; killertone, stratotone, xzyryabx, base 341, tonesfoyobones, dual lead, tcrash, ibenhad, sevenstringer, jordanky, Emg77, locoed, HughJasol, Prestodone, Kevho, BigDog(x2), hey_bert_whatcha_doin_bert, djpharoah, stratjacket(x2), Adam of Angels, Thor1777, MkLane, Immersed, engage757, bwill81, Racerxrated


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03, 2012 5:10pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker
User avatar

Joined: Mon, Dec 28, 2009 9:49pm
Posts: 859
Location: Sacramento Ca.
I wish we were opening for Iron maiden but no. It's iron maidens.
They are an all female iron maiden tribute band. They are seriously bad ass.
Both guitarists are very good. Probably one of the best tribute bands I've seen.

I won't be letting go of the custom shop anytime soon but if I do I'll call you.
How are you liking the herbert?
I loved mine. I'm still gassing for a UL though.

_________________
Great deals with: AlienRocker, bwgintegra, code001, bognerluv, metalhead, mhenson42, tonemonster, Mizati20, blessedadversary777, jkdsteve, EMG77, Garey77, Rockstarnick, King Guitar, Detroit ABA, Warhead78, Engage757,


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03, 2012 6:51pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Apr 02, 2011 10:02pm
Posts: 1665
base341 wrote:
I wish we were opening for Iron maiden but no. It's iron maidens.
They are an all female iron maiden tribute band. They are seriously bad ass.
Both guitarists are very good. Probably one of the best tribute bands I've seen.

I won't be letting go of the custom shop anytime soon but if I do I'll call you.
How are you liking the herbert?
I loved mine. I'm still gassing for a UL though.


I love my Herbert. Best amp I have ever owned, hands down. I have owned almost every amp under the sun and the Herbert blows them all out of the water. I do miss my UL very much. I seen one on CL the other day and started gassing pretty bad. My next amp will be an Uberschall. Been wantin to see what all the hype is about. I almost pulled the trigger on one last week but ended up paying my utility bill and using the money I had left to get an Ibanez RG 2228 8 string :lol: :LOL: Anyways, do us all a favor and get some hot pics of the Iron Maidens in action when you play with them! Im dying to see them... :D

_________________
Smooth transactions with; killertone, stratotone, xzyryabx, base 341, tonesfoyobones, dual lead, tcrash, ibenhad, sevenstringer, jordanky, Emg77, locoed, HughJasol, Prestodone, Kevho, BigDog(x2), hey_bert_whatcha_doin_bert, djpharoah, stratjacket(x2), Adam of Angels, Thor1777, MkLane, Immersed, engage757, bwill81, Racerxrated


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03, 2012 7:47pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Jun 27, 2006 5:47pm
Posts: 3217
Location: Diezel Herbert Zone
blessedadversary777 wrote:
I am thinking of going with a different power tube when I retube my Herbert. Maybe 6L6's or KT77's. Im sure the output transformers are capable of pushing them but I just wanted to check with my fellow RT'ers before I did the swap. Thanks in advance...

Yes those will work fine - "DO NOT" forget to re-bias Herbert no matter what power tube(s) you install.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jul 04, 2012 4:52am 
Offline
Diezel Amplification
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Jul 02, 2006 5:43am
Posts: 4677
blessedadversary777 wrote:
I am thinking of going with a different power tube when I retube my Herbert. Maybe 6L6's or KT77's. Im sure the output transformers are capable of pushing them but I just wanted to check with my fellow RT'ers before I did the swap. Thanks in advance...


The output transformer can take every tube but the
primary impedance is working best with EL34 or KT77
types. The primary impedance will be "low matched"
with 6L6, 6550 and KT88. This will cause a decrease
of attack and response. Some kind of sterile.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jul 04, 2012 3:23pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Apr 02, 2011 10:02pm
Posts: 1665
Peter Diezel wrote:
blessedadversary777 wrote:
I am thinking of going with a different power tube when I retube my Herbert. Maybe 6L6's or KT77's. Im sure the output transformers are capable of pushing them but I just wanted to check with my fellow RT'ers before I did the swap. Thanks in advance...


The output transformer can take every tube but the
primary impedance is working best with EL34 or KT77
types. The primary impedance will be "low matched"
with 6L6, 6550 and KT88. This will cause a decrease
of attack and response. Some kind of sterile.


Ahhhh. Thats the answer I was looking for! Thank you sir :yes:

_________________
Smooth transactions with; killertone, stratotone, xzyryabx, base 341, tonesfoyobones, dual lead, tcrash, ibenhad, sevenstringer, jordanky, Emg77, locoed, HughJasol, Prestodone, Kevho, BigDog(x2), hey_bert_whatcha_doin_bert, djpharoah, stratjacket(x2), Adam of Angels, Thor1777, MkLane, Immersed, engage757, bwill81, Racerxrated


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 17, 2017 4:53am 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Sun, Sep 17, 2017 2:40am
Posts: 1
Hi everyone!,could I put 6L6G mixed with KT66? this tube is much larger and biger,than the conventional 6L6GC.Thanks!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group