Is a Diezel just not right for me?

keano

I am a upper mid Marshall guy. I want to like Diezels, I want one but tone just doesn't covince 100%.

Einstein on ch2 sounds almost there but not tight enough or upper mids... kind of like a glorified SD-1 in front of a amp. Herbert same..... has to be me. I like the little bit of sparkle.

Does anyone use Herberts for anything other then metal... doesn't have mids for ACDC classic stuff. All I hear is metal clips. Rarely clips of solos.

:|::QBB:
keano":f1a75 said:
I am a upper mid Marshall guy. I want to like Diezels, I want one but tone just doesn't covince 100%.

Einstein on ch2 sounds almost there but not tight enough or upper mids... kind of like a glorified SD-1 in front of a amp. Herbert same..... has to be me. I like the little bit of sparkle.

Does anyone use Herberts for anything other then metal... doesn't have mids for ACDC classic stuff. All I hear is metal clips. Rarely clips of solos.

Try a VH4 it will give you a more Marshall like vibe especially for AC/DC kind of stuff (Channel 2) ;)
Although I strongly believe that a Herbert or Einstein with EL34 can easily recreate those sounds.

I play covers in my band So I need many different sounds , from 80s glassy cleans (LA Studio) to the doors , and Metallica , So I can get very different sounds with it ..

(sadly its for sale :doh: )

regards

keano":5d01a said:

FWIW, here's my 2 cents. I too am a "dyed in the wool" Marshall guy. My favorite tones are Akira Takasaki, Chris Impelliteri, Yngwie J, EDDIE and Randy. BUT, I've seen the light :LOL: I've got toooo many Marshalls, and want something close, but a little different. I say if you love Marshall tone, buy a Marshall. If you're looking for the best in German engineering with mega flexability (Mesa, Marshall, BF Fender cleans) and KILLER tone, get a Herbert. :thumbsup:

I use my Herbert in my cover band like this. I have a 4 button midi switcher. Channel 1 is my pristine clean. Channel 2 set for classic rock, AC/DC, VH, etc.. - sounds awesome. Channel 3 is my high gain modded Marshall sound. 80's, etc... Channel 4 is channel 3 with mid-cut engaged. This is my modern metal channel. I also have a Marshall and Recto. I gig with them every now and then for a change of pace. They do what they do. When I want to cover it all, I use the Herbert. It can simulate my Marshall and Recto, has great cleans, and still sounds like a Diezel!

keano":50d0c said:
Ok curious.... can you get this tone?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=5068835&key=C6EB159 B-B

clips are always deceiving, given the mic, the cab (a major one) and the way the player picks. For example, I cannot use V30's. They always sound tooo low mid, muddy. Why? I don't hit the strings hard enough when playing single note leads. Even with chords, through my bandmate's set up, the tone is total mush. So to compensate I favor T75's and Greenbacks - which are typically too "bright" for a lot of modern players' tastes. Perfect for me! :thumbsup:

My point here is that the Herbert can definitely cop this RATT tone. IMHO, I can get the Scorpions' "Can't Live without You/Blackout" stuff to the LA hairmetal tones (80's Jose Arredondo modded Marshall tone) to the Dimebag/thrash tones. It's all in the way you play, your choice of Cab/speaker, and the way you EQ the head. Herbert's have gain for days. 180W's of power AND WAY TOO MUCH gain, even for me! :LOL: YMMV!! :D

itsme":fb02b said:
They do what they do. When I want to cover it all, I use the Herbert. It can simulate my Marshall and Recto, has great cleans, and still sounds like a Diezel!

+100000!!! Absolutely well put!! :thumbsup:

check my links for clips both studio and live, lots of different tones, cleans, crunch, and shred.

Herbert + Anderson= :)

good luck,
Andy

van hellion":81b2d said:
check my links for clips both studio and live, lots of different tones, cleans, crunch, and shred.

Herbert + Anderson= :)

HIGHLY recommended. :thumbsup:
BTW, Andy what's your cab and speaker preference? V30's, T75's, H30's? greenbacks?
Loved the tones on "My Yesterday" and "Alone" :rock:

Van Hellion nice songs man. Thing is I now Herbie can do that sound already. Kind of like default. I woul like to hear it do stuff I wouldn't expect.

my cab is a v 30's rear loaded diezel, LOVE IT!! check out the clip i have on the diezel site, its under my bands name of down from up. the solo section has cool cleans and middle tones, kinda like some landau/huff tones or maybe a little pink floyd kinda sound.
good luck
Andy

Back