Just in (Diezel-)case

vsopking

Hi there,
Any of you carrying their amp (VHs4) in an original Diezel flightcase?
Does this case has a bottom and a hood with 4 locks or just 2 on the short sides only?
I noticed that my case (with only 2 locks) is not that tight a fit...
Thinking of adding two extra locks - so it will have 4 locks in total - or, :D maybe even better; buy an original Diezel case (if still in production?)

When I got my first Diezel, a VH4, I had Uwe Salwender order me a flight case for it. It came with a deep bottom, and a two latch top with a hinged back. The case was plenty tight. I sold my VH4 after two years to buy a Herbert and the Herbert fits into the same case, except it has a slight bit of extra room on top due to the Herbert being slightly shorter in height. However a towel placed on top stops it from any possible movement.

You can order either a deep case, or the type that has four latches near the bottom where the majority of the case lifts up leaving the head in a shallow base. The choice is yours to make. If it is fitted properly, there will be no difference at all. I have had cases of both types and never had a lose fitting problem.

I have never seen a case with the shallow base, however, with only two latches on it.

Thanks for your comment - maybe just go for the "towel" method too and a close inspection of the latches (2 only) that although attached firmly in the wooden side panels; when locked and gripping the hood it's not real tight. :scared:
The Hood can move slightly; and especially when carrying the case by myself only, it feels a bit un-easy (...especially the weight!!)

It sounds like the case was not fitted correctly when constructed, if the lid of the case is not forming a secure and snug fit to the rest of the case.
If you are using only wooden side panels to grip the latches, be careful! You should have metal latches for the hooked end of the clasp to secure too.

I would not take a chance with any case that I thought was not correctly encasing the amp.
Good luck.
Stephen

Back