VH4 or Herbert?

John_fellsilent

Both of us in the Band are going to be gettin two diezel heads shortly.

We are just about to book a session down in london to try them out but ive heard that the VH4 is tighter than the Herbie?

Anyhow...

Which do you think would be suitable for the type of music we play?
listen to our music here...
www.myspace.com/fellsilent

Along the lines of Meshuggah, Deftones, Poison the well, Textures etc

:|::QBB:
ENDITOL":365c4 said:
One of each would be cool! :eek: Herbert is still tighter then a lot of amps out there I would say.

Your music is phenominal btw.

Been an avid fan for years :)
Still have your old songs on my computer playing regulary.

All hope universal etc

VH4 !!!

Of course, hehe :thumbsup:

I have no experience with Herberts, but a VH4 is very tight. No need for tubescreamers to get a tight chugga-chugga.
And the low-end on channel 3 (your rhythmchannel!!) of VH4 would be more compressed (=tighter) than Herberts channel 2, wich means you will have less over-the-top-HOOOMMMMP and more tone.

Your soundman will love the VH4.

People say Herbert is more open, less compressed. Best is you decide for yourself, your own ears will know best.

You're playing the Powerball? I saw a picture on the site. Powerball is also tight, but very 'fake'. Sorry.

I'm going through the same mental battle right now...I don't know which to choose. I just bought a Diezel 4x12 today and I can't find ANYWHERE that has either head in stock to actually play. I am fully confident that EITHER will be amazing, even without trying them out, and have no problem buying either without trying them first, but I want to make sure I choose the right one....

The never ending debate... They're both great amps, just different animals, only way you can find which is better for you is to try them really, look it this thread, half the people say VH4 becoase... half the people say Herbert becoase... not to say you won't get some good opinions here :2thumbsup:

:|::QBB:
KillDivision":d6a19 said:
VH4 !!!

Of course, hehe :thumbsup:

I have no experience with Herberts, but a VH4 is very tight. No need for tubescreamers to get a tight chugga-chugga.
And the low-end on channel 3 (your rhythmchannel!!) of VH4 would be more compressed (=tighter) than Herberts channel 2, wich means you will have less over-the-top-HOOOMMMMP and more tone.

Your soundman will love the VH4.

People say Herbert is more open, less compressed. Best is you decide for yourself, your own ears will know best.

You're playing the Powerball? I saw a picture on the site. Powerball is also tight, but very 'fake'. Sorry.

The other guitarist is using a powerball, im using an Engl Savage Special Edition. More organic than the powerball imo.

My bands other guitar player had a Powerball for a while and it seamed to work very well with my VH4. It is completely different question how one finds the Powerball's sound, but maybe we do not get into that here.

Herbie is a bit more flexable being that it has the
"mid cut" which provides this very cool mid scoop thang
which alot of people love!!!! the clean ch. STAYS CLEAN! !
which is very important. ch. 2 cranked with mid cut engaged
also rocks. Hmmmmm. You can't go wrong with either.

Peter has designed in my opinion the best possible amp to come out in the last 20 years. :hail:

Back