New Diezel VH4 with NOS 6L6s moving to EL34s BIAS

Thanks, sometimes i need a tight and less fuzy sound with the channel two of my einstein. I m quite interessting with your feed back on those tubes.

Well the 12AT7 in V2 did help a bit but didn't totally get rid of the compression. I also tried another one in V2 and V3 and V1 and V2.
I think it sounded best with one in V2.
V1 and V2 took a lot gain out.

No, I am not totally happy. I am considering Voodoo Amps if Diezel doesn't provide a solution for this. Sorry Peter, but I've heard quite a few ppl complaining about this problem... Way too much compression on the bottom end for CH3. Trace at Voodoo Amps did an amazing job on my Mesa Dual Rec which made it to sound unreal (from its stock state which sucked as we all know) and I know tone.

H legene:
Well CH1, 2 and CH4 are fantastic sounding as they are! I have no problem with those! CH3 simply blows every distortion sound out of the water in terms of richness and definition and is fuller than all the other channels on the amp.
I have JJ KT88s in this amp. I hate the EL34 sound.. sorry I hate power amp tube distortion... the amp did come with EL34 s and I couldn't stand the sound.
I have tried Svetlana 6550s and some Ruby 6L6GMCSTRs (which are phenomenal in my modified Dual Rec) and same results.

Rig: Bogner cabinets and few PRSs.
Music: Modern rock (but not new metal or the retro pop stuff or any of that). Riff based type stuff: mix based on Soundgarden, Tool, Incubus, Thornley, etc.

Back