Peter! herbert is sick!?

herbie

Peter!!!

Hello my friend! well my herbert has been working perfectly for 8 months.
Today when i turned it on there was very low volume on all the channels.
I checked the cable connections and i checked the fuses. the tubes look ok.
i plugged the guitar only into the head and the probelm is still there your advise please. I am a working musian in San Francisco and i need my Herbert to gig alot to pay the rent!!! i tried to call Uwe today but there is no answer. What are Salwenders hours of business? :aww:

forgot to mention that
there is no volume on ch 1

Anyone out there have any ideas!! please.
I want to avoid sending them amp to Uwe for any extended time if I don't have to. Many thanks in advanced!!! F

:|::QBB:
herbie":8dd8c said:
Peter!!!

Hello my friend! well my herbert has been working perfectly for 8 months.
Today when i turned it on there was very low volume on all the channels.
I checked the cable connections and i checked the fuses. the tubes look ok.
i plugged the guitar only into the head and the probelm is still there your advise please. I am a working musian in San Francisco and i need my Herbert to gig alot to pay the rent!!! i tried to call Uwe today but there is no answer. What are Salwenders hours of business? :aww:

Please check out the tubes first.
99,9 % of all troubles are caused by bad tubes.

Thank you gentleman.. BUT No change.

I just put a new set (6) of EL34s and the issue is the same.... no volume on ch1 and ch2-3 very low volume.No change.

The pre amp tubes are less than 6 months old. should I put in new 12ax7 also??????

When i practice and play live which is everyday. I use a 1x12 16ohm V30 monitor/cabinet. and thats it. Is that putting any kind of extra strain on the head?? When I practice at home I use the 1x12 at low volume alot. Is that stressing the amp or is this ok?? I don't use a 4x12 unless it is a big show. Please advise :confused:

So this major volume issue can be caused by just 1 pre amp tube?? thats heavy! by the way just to be sure is V1 the furthest away from the power jack?
can I switch some of the pre amp tubes around/ will that make a diff.
i am using Groove tubes 12ax7m (mullards) is there something better or more reliable? in your opinion?? Cheers

YAHOO!! PROBLEM SOLVED!
Thank you guys so much for your help.

It was in fact V1 preamp tube. i took 4 12ax7s out of my
XXX head and sure enough herbie came back ALIVE!!!

cheers to Peter,mitchshaft,joshsage. I am so happy we this forum! :cheers2: :hail: :rock2: \:D/ :cheers:

My Herbie had to go all the way to germany to find out that I'd had a faulty power tube, and then 2 faulty replacement sets!!! How unlucky am I? Thanks to the cunning tube protection circuitry I still played a gig on 4 tubes!

In a week and a half I have my first gig with it with a ll 6 tubes! Yay! :)

Peter checked the whole thing over and retubed the whole thing again, then ran it at high volume for a number of hours to make sure it didn't flash or shatter fuses again! Thanks Peter! (I just realised I hadn't thanked you yet!)

Hooray for Peter!

:hail:

Back