ANYONE ON THE EAST COAST OF THE USA...

zzzsleepzzz

That has a VH4 or a Herbert...

I would be interested in offering you some money to be able to drive to were you are and play your amp for a little while. Just like an hour or something.

I too am caught up in the classic decision of VH4 or HERBERT. I already bought a Diezel 4x12 and I'm just trying to decide which head is right for me. After reading everything I can on the net and all 22 pages of this forum, I still have no idea, and I think a ton of other people are in my same situation.

I can't find any store around here (I live close to Baltimore, MD) that has either in stock to play. I HAVE TO HEAR THIS AMP!!

SO anyone that is close to area code 21703 could we work something out?? I'll drive to you and compensate you for your time if I can just sit wtih the amp for 30 mintues or so. Even if you just wanted to play it for me. I have to hear these two to decide.

Washington Music center in Wheaton has a Herbert.....just looked at it two weeks ago. Talk to Brian Meader....he knows Diezels well.
Rick

Washington Music center in Wheaton has a Herbert.....just looked at it two weeks ago. Talk to Brian Meader....he knows Diezels well.
Rick

i played both and chose herbert, i wish you good luck in your decision, to bad i live in TN or you could try mine.

Thanks so much for the good hook ups. I just sent a PM to the guy on the HC board so hopefully he'll get back to me and it isn't gone yet. I also called Chuck Levins (washington music center) and they do infact have a herbert there and are getting a vh4 in about 2 weeks so I could A/B them. THANKS A TON GUYS!

OHHHH GOD NO HE ALREADY SOLD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bout that. lol

That sucks. He was only 30 mintues away and I would have just driven there and given him cash in hand. Oh well back to looking i guess....

I bought mine at Chuck Levin's. Incredible shop, they have it all. Scheduled an appointment with Brian Meader. Awesome guy! We demoed a bunch of amps: VH4, Herbert, Ecstacy, Ubershall, H&K Triamp, Trilogy, etc... I came home with the Herbert. I have a Rectifier and Marshall, and wanted a boutique amp. I recommend going and trying a bunch.

Yeah i for sure want to demo both of them. I have a hard time wanting to buy there though. 4,300 and 4,400 for each head when I can find one used and in great shape for 3. I dont have the extra cash to just buy it new ya know? I'm gonna be touring with it anyways so it doesn't really benefit me to buy new. Kinda sucks :(

If you buy used, be prepared to have it checked over. I bought a unit, and found a few issues with some caps and soldering. It wasn't the sellers fault....but it would have driven me crazy trying to sort out the issues in the background. I think the new warranty is probably worth the extra money when you consider the downside. The Diezel service is great......but on the East Coast it involves some shipping and inconvenience, unless you are willing to trust your amp to a local tech.
Rick

You can always try out all the amps and after you decide what you want; look for it used. I guess the prices went up. I paid $4100 for my Herbert, and love the lifetime warranty. I have an awesome tech nearby, but haven't had any problems with mine other than a noisy preamp tube. Since I can retube and bias it myself, I don't see any reason to need a tech other than something else going wrong. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but it's nice to know I can send it to Uwe and get official Diezel service.

I am located in central PA. You are welcome to come up and try my amps. I will have the Diezel Herbert next week. I also have some other cool amps.

I am located in central PA. You are welcome to come up and try my amps. I will have the Diezel Herbert next week. I also have some other cool amps.

Back