Herbert FX Loop(s) Question

RedB4Black

This may be a dumb question and I will check the manual when I get home, but I just thought about this and it has me curious how I will set up my FX loop when my ISP Decimator Pro Rack G arrives next week.

Can I use 2 of the FX loops at the same time without causing problems or doing anything special?

Right now I have a Rocktron Xpression in the switchable loop of the Herbert. I engage it via MIDI whenever I want to add effects. With the ISP channnel 2 going through the loop, I want that signal to be engaged at all times. Do I just put that in the other serial loop and every thing works fine?

I guess the other option would be to run it through the same loop as the Xpression and just use the by-pass feature of the Xpression when I don't want effects - but I think there is a slight impact on the tone when I do this.

Shouldn't technically be a problem that way. Only thing is the serial loop is after the switchable, so you might find the gate cuts off your delays etc.

:|::QBB:
ENDITOL":54b52 said:
Shouldn't technically be a problem that way. Only thing is the serial loop is after the switchable, so you might find the gate cuts off your delays etc.

Is there a way around that problem? For example by linking the switchable loop to the serial (or parallell, whatever comes last), and plug the decimator in the loop that comes first in the chain?

I got the Decimator and hooked it up in the serial loop with my rocktron in the switchable loop. It works perfectly. I will cut the delay off on a fast stop but other than that it is not very noticeable.

Lord Nelson":a6ffb said:

Is there a way around that problem? For example by linking the switchable loop to the serial (or parallell, whatever comes last), and plug the decimator in the loop that comes first in the chain?

You could try that - the switchable loop is first in the chain so your best bet may be to just run the noise gate before any delay or reverb FX regardless of the loop used.

Back