Your thoughts on the Einstein??

sure hope so...I have a lonely Bogner cabinet waiting for something to sit on top and push loads of air through it!
also hoping the Diezel footswitch for it comes available soon (for those of us not using midi)

Never played the Einstein but based on your tastes I think you'll really like the D Moll. As Peter said, you get the best of both worlds (tight and fluid) with channels 2 and 3. Take that plus a super clean channel and midi control and it's a hands down win.

Stinkbomb":1zb00ikd said:
Never played the Einstein but based on your tastes I think you'll really like the D Moll. As Peter said, you get the best of both worlds (tight and fluid) with channels 2 and 3. Take that plus a super clean channel and midi control and it's a hands down win.

I hope so :rock: Should have her Thursday. Already have my Killer Kali Rig setup for a head to head comparison...or non comparison :D

So did you get it?

I've had the opportunity to play both VH4s and Einstein.
I'd categorize 'em in a nutshell as:

Einstein "Rock-Blues"
+Extra wide tone
+Dynamics are great
+Great for 80's hair rock and bluesy stuff (I've got the Winged-C 6550 one)
+/-Seems to have a great deal of "finetuning" done by Diezel
(So don't throw in whatever tubes wherever, mine sounds a bit degraded V1 being a cheapo 12AX7)
-CH1-Mode3 gets easily too fuzzy with all that gain and dynamics (for my taste)

VH4s "Hardcore Metal"
+Tons of gain with tons of clarity
+Single notes are still clear and bright
+All that midi cleverness
-Does sound a bit compressed in more classical stuff and leads

My choice for quite similar music, was Einstein, back when D-Moll was probably not even on the drawing table.
I'm going to do a full tube swap to my Einstein, going for a KT88/EL34 poweramp and testing some quality AU-AT-AX one's in the pre.
Should be sweet after some testing. Might go EL34 only, 6550/EL34, KT88/6550... got some options at hand after I get the tubes :)

So I finally remembered to post my results: I simply love it now.

I left The original SED 6550 pair in the middle and put a pair of EH EL34's in mine and I think it's awesome. Had problems biasing correctly because it was the first time I did it and the EH's seemed to need a bit more juice than I was expecting.

I swapped the cheap V1 that I put in, with a Groove Tubes 12AT7.
I haven't touched the pre-stage yet but I'll probably try to get a set of tubes as close to the original setup as possible.

5 years, a few gigs and several practice rooms, hundreds and hundreds of hours played and still going strong.
-one 6550 blew 3 months after I got it (cracked glass where the holder spring was touching the glass, so I removed the retainers)
V1 tube went microphonic after about a year (had to swap to a cheap ax)
CH 2 led has developed a bad contact in the last few months

So for the track record I'd say it's a darn awesome and flexible piece of equipmen. I won't sell it for any amount of $$$. Better homeless with the Einstein than pampered in a castle without it. Thanks Peter!
(If I could, I'd get a D-moll also)

Back