Flight cases

vsopking

Hey there! Anyone can give me advise regarding a decent flight case for my VH4S?
I am now carrying a case which needs replacement.
I am just curious; should the amp rest on damping foam or not? The thin layer in my current case just does not damp... and I put some extra foam underneath - however this is not a serious solution.
I don't think about a shock-mount case, way to big. But hey, when I let others carry the case I a bit nervous when the case is being handled and how the amp will survive.
I am thinking of a case with a top lid instead of a hood...
OK come on; show me..! :confused:

I have a top case for my Herbert, but the case was originally for my VH4 until I sold it for the Herbert.
They work better, but you need to order a flight-approved case. Some of them are thin and have no protection value, just the looks and maybe o.k. for a bump, but nothing serious.

It's the thickness of the case walls that you need to be concerned with, and get a lock of some type for it. The lock won't prevent the case being stolen, but it will keep out prying eyes and hands.

Also, order it in a bright color, like red, so you can keep an easy eye on it from across the room.

Works for me.

Back