I love my Hagen!

Fox77

Just wanted to say that I really love my Hagen - been playing it a lot these last few weeks and i really like what I'm hearing :thumbsup:

Tried the Hagen's channel 3 with drop B a couple of days ago and was amazed at how clear and punchy it stayed. It seems almost as if Hagen sounds better the lower the tuning is :D

And the sound still gets better the more the speakers are broken in. By the way: the combination of V30s and Creamback 65Ws is really cool! \:D/

Thanks Peter - awesome amp! :rawk:

True dat, I've had mine for 1,5 year now, it seems it gets better and better with the time. Or maybe I get better, it's such a motivational amp to rip your fingers on the strings...

Well, in 2 words, killer amp.

I only tried the hagan once and i wasnt a fan.
I definatley would like to try it again and spend some quality time with it but i dont really feel like buying one right now, maybe next year.

It is a great amp. Really like its dynamics :thumbsup: It has a very special type of mid range and treble response.

i see alot of people really like this amp with low tunings but i dont play low tunings very much. so do you guys think this amp sounds good in standard tuning or was it intended for the lower stuff.

I remember when it first came out that it seemed to be 'edged' toward the Low tune stuff.
Funny I read good and bad reviews on this amp. I wont judge it until I get a chance to run it thru my set up. But First in line is the VH4 and then runner up is the D-moll. ;)

I play mostly in standard and Drop D or a half step down. the amp sounds mighty fine with standard tuning. I just wanted to try out what the Hagen is capable of in the low department. My previous amp failed miserably in lower tunings. just couldn't keep the low end together nor retain any clarity.

The clean channel is also fantastic :)

You should try the Hagen thru Diezel 412 K100 cab. Mind-blowing combo. That speaker helps the amp to show off its teeth even more.
The amp has a brilliant lively clean channel.

I tried the Hagen through a Diezel box with a mix of K100s and V30s, as well as a Zilla cab with all V30s and I liked the latter more, it just sounded a little dirtier which I like :)

The V30s can get tiresome on your ears after a while though, so I asked Paul from Zilla for advice and settled on the V30/Creamback mix. Am very happy with that combo :D

If I get a chance to A/B more cabs, I'll certainly give the all K100 cab a listen.

I'm really thinking about swapping the V30s in my 2x12 for 2 G12K100 too. Is there any demo with an high gain amp, V30 vs G12K100 with the very same riffs (reamping for example) ?

Wouldn't worry about that too much, it also sounds good at low volumes. I have one in an apartment in an old building (very thin walls / bad insulation) right in the middle of Amsterdam. The master volume on this amp works really well, although it does sound better when played a tiny bit too loud. Even so I have not yet received any complaints - but one of my neighbours is a DJ, when he turns up his PA, the whole neighbourhood can hear it - so I guess I'm fine :D

shadowvault":2pdbfahw said:
Why they dont make a 20watt hagen? -.-
Because a 20W Hagen would still tear the roof off your house and much worse it would loose some (or lots) of the tightness and the characteristics that make it such a good fit for extended range guitars! Herbie doesn't have 180W just because 100W was not "loud" enough.
Even 5W can be surprisingly loud. You either need to do something about the master volume and/or channel volume or play it through e.g. a twonotes live and then you can turn it up more too!

Watts are grossly over-rated when it comes to "bedroom amps", don't let the marketing fool you. And I am saying this as someone who was dumb enough to get a zvex nano.

Fox77":1sca3t6b said:
Wouldn't worry about that too much, it also sounds good at low volumes. I have one in an apartment in an old building (very thin walls / bad insulation) right in the middle of Amsterdam. The master volume on this amp works really well, although it does sound better when played a tiny bit too loud. Even so I have not yet received any complaints - but one of my neighbours is a DJ, when he turns up his PA, the whole neighbourhood can hear it - so I guess I'm fine :D

Same here with the apartment and thin walls/bad insulation. My Hagen rocked ass even at such volumes and now my VH4 does it equally well or even better :thumbsup:

kahawe":1sca3t6b said:
Even 5W can be surprisingly loud. You either need to do something about the master volume and/or channel volume or play it through e.g. a twonotes live and then you can turn it up more too!

Watts are grossly over-rated when it comes to "bedroom amps", don't let the marketing fool you. And I am saying this as someone who was dumb enough to get a zvex nano.

+1 and amen to that!

kahawe":185rnr52 said:
shadowvault":185rnr52 said:
Why they dont make a 20watt hagen? -.-
Because a 20W Hagen would still tear the roof off your house and much worse it would loose some (or lots) of the tightness and the characteristics that make it such a good fit for extended range guitars! Herbie doesn't have 180W just because 100W was not "loud" enough.

So its either nothing or blow up all the apartments in my flat? :p

shadowvault":ukm4siyx said:
So its either nothing or blow up all the apartments in my flat? :p
More like... with great power comes great responsibility - stray but a little and you'll blow up all the apartments! ;)

If micro-tweaking the master and channel volumes does not do it, maybe papa can do something about those controls on your amp and then there is always the twonotes live for Diezel goodness practically silently into your ear!

Back