Diezel 2x12 - New Speakers.

1meanplexi

So I yanked out the Eminence speakers from my 2x12 and replaced them with a Celestion 65 watt creamback and a Vintage 30. What a great combo. The creamback has more of an openness to it. The 30 just has that bite to make a perfect combination.

The place I bought the creamback from said the speaker was newer and needed to be broken in. Can do :D !!!!!! I turned channel 3 volume to noon as well as the master. I walked out of the room closed the door and jammed on that fucker for an hour. WOW!!!!!! There had to have been some seismic sensor going off somewhere in the midwest cuz it was boooooooming! Don't know if I got the speaker broken it, but what a nice start.

That´s in fact the cpmbination I played some weeks. But at last I swapped the V30 for another G12M-65 (if that´s the speaker you ment, since there are old celestions called "Creambacks" but are more common G12M with a different Cover in Cream :) ).

Why I did so? It´s very easy: the V30 has a lot! more loudness. So everytime I played my Diezel 212 the CB was nearly kicked away and all you hear was the V30. But so much I love the tone from the CB, it lacks a bit tightness the V30 brings in. So I still think about trying it again :D

Had some Eminence in my Mills when I got it, pulled them and put X Pattern of V30 and Creamback 65...great combo is an understatement. What a great combo of low end and mid grind - sounds helacious!

FourT6and2":37zd63m5 said:
I wonder how a combo of V30 and G12-65 sounds (not Creambacks, the original '80s G12-65) ?
That's the combination I use, I really like them. And have compared the reissues,they sound just as good.

FourT6and2":3q65vhwd said:
I wonder how a combo of V30 and G12-65 sounds (not Creambacks, the original '80s G12-65) ?

Hey Mike,

I did a clip with my VH4 and a 1982 Marshall cab that had the G12-65's - Blackback. It sounded great!!!!!! As a matter of fact, that cab sounded awesome with everything. The G12-65 with the V30 I have now is just a great combo. Boom and slice.

1meanplexi":1o74fua4 said:
FourT6and2":1o74fua4 said:

Hey Mike,

I did a clip with my VH4 and a 1982 Marshall cab that had the G12-65's - Blackback. It sounded great!!!!!! As a matter of fact, that cab sounded awesome with everything. The G12-65 with the V30 I have now is just a great combo. Boom and slice.

Yeah, the Bogner cab I was using with the VH4 had G12-65s. But I never tried a mix with V30. But the 65s are awesome speakers.

Back