New to the forum, almost new to Diezel

jaki7

I had trouble registering to this forum, but it finally worked, so this is my first post.

I´ve been a Diezeluser for 6 weeks or so. When I got my VH4, I wasn´t too satisfied, after the initial "ohmygod - it´s here"-phase went away. Turned out the tubes were already a bit old, and I had them all replaced by Peter himself. Now the amp just sounds great :thumbsup:

Did I attach the file correctly?

Attachments

• DSC046501.jpg
    DSC046501.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 631
The Cab is a Paul Lenders/Guitarsystems ClubCab w/ V30+T75. A compact, really light but pretty fat sounding cabinet. I also own a Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence Wizards, and I go back and forth between those cabinets, beacause each of them has it´s own sound that I like. The Marshall is more aggressive. I recently tested a Bogner OS 212 with the VH4, and that was the best out of those three.
I guess I have to take a look at the Diezel cabinets as well...

In the Rack is a Korg DTR-2, and a Kitty Hawk MIDI Patch Bayette Looper/Switcher.
On the shelf are a few pedals. A Wampler Ego Comp, MXR Phase 90 and Ibanez Airplane Flanger all running in Loops of the Kitty Hawk in front of the amp, and a Strymon Brigadier Delay in the Insert of CH4.
The Korg is in a Loop as well, because I had the impression that the usage of the "thru" output would make the sound worse.
The Box labeled "IN" is a Visual Sound Pure Tone Buffer, which is used as the first device after the guitar, right before the Kitty Hawk.
I also bridged the parallel Loop of the VH4 to be able to use it as a solo boost.

It´s all switched with a Tech 21 MIDI Moose.

That´s it ;)

Hi Bato!

@Sigma.Xiria:
I tried a VH4 before (multiple times) so I knew what to expect, and also knew something wasn´t right with my amp. Don´t get me wrong, we´re only talking about little differences. A tubechange won´t make it another amp, but it was less dull and more alive after the change.

I´m already looking forward to rehearsal tomorrow :)

Hi dude !
Seems like Franconia is getting more and more Diezel powered :rock:
Let me Knowles if you gig around.

jaki7":1l4a29kv said:
Hi Bato!

@Sigma.Xiria:
I tried a VH4 before (multiple times) so I knew what to expect, and also knew something wasn´t right with my amp. Don´t get me wrong, we´re only talking about little differences. A tubechange won´t make it another amp, but it was less dull and more alive after the change.

I´m already looking forward to rehearsal tomorrow :)

Haha! I know :) I hope I did not sound like I was insulting you... I was meaning to say that is usually my recommendation for anyone who buys used... replace tubes first thing if possible :thumbsup:

have fun with rehearsal!!! :rock:

Back