First Diezel - Einstein combo

studiodunn

Picked up my first Diezel and without sounding like a broken record here - WOW! What an amp.
Texas mode is everything I've read and Ch. 2 is epic for solo work. I can tell the clean channel is there, but I'm not sure the tubes currently in it are the best choice for that mode. I'm thinking I will try some 6550's and some NOS AT7's I have. The amp has plenty of gain to spare and tubes are easy enough to try.

I've owned the majority of them, SE+, modern classic, SLO, Shiva, ect.... All awesome amps, but the versatility of the Einy is crazy good. And the low end from a semi open back combo.....seriously!?!?

I will definitely be have Jens Kruze unleash the modes for me

Time to sell off some soon to be unused amps.. :rock:

Curious why the amp sounds so much better with the Parallel loop being used? It's just juicier and more articulate. I put a jumper across and set the level at 12 and it sounds amazing.
With nothing in the loop I need to turn the presence way up.

studiodunn":27npnomo said:
Curious why the amp sounds so much better with the Parallel loop being used? It's just juicier and more articulate. I put a jumper across and set the level at 12 and it sounds amazing.
With nothing in the loop I need to turn the presence way up.

Hmm, I've never tried that. But yeah... the Einstein combo is a sweet amp. I have Gold Lion KT77s in mine. Sounds awesome. :)

Back