How are you connecting your tuner?

1meanplexi

Just curious on how you guys/gal's are running your tuner on your Diezel. Out front? Independent through the head???? and why for either way. Is one better than the other? I know that Peter has a way to run it through the VH4 but I never tried it. This does not need to be specific to the VH4. Thanks crew and I look forward to your responses.

A lot of tuners aren't finally transparent so using them in series is a bad idea. If you have some pedalboard split loop that's ok. I run mine off my Herbert tuner out though so I can use the Herbie mute button and it both works the entire time, and also when set to Mute mode.

crankyrayhanky":22d68ipg said:
Yes the "headstock" tuners are pretty cool. I don't use 'em for my live rig yet. But for Church, teaching etc I use 'em all the time. Snark has a new smaller one now too.

I use to use that dead plug method that duesentrieb had a tutorial for when I had my vh4, worked like a charm! Mutes and tunes, you do it on the switchable loop. I think you put the dead plug in the return and the send to tuner if I remember right.

Polytune in the tuner out of the Hagen or Peterson Stroboclip. I try to keep it out of the path. I try to keep everything from the path.

Off the volume pedal on my board. I like it out of the signal and I can mute with the volume pedal and still tune.

I use a Boss TU2 and put it at the beginning of my signal chain since it has the built in buffer.

Back