Surprised: Diezel Einstein vs '82 JCM800

BaRTY

I have a situation here... )

A year ago I had a quick experience with Einstein. I wasn't impressed. Maybe the tubes were bad or smth else...traded it for vht ultralead.

Today I've received '82 marshall jcm800 and 6550 loaded Einstein. And you know I find Einstein to sound a lot like marshall on certain settings. Though Einstein has tighter bass than jcm800.

Now I'm in two minds, which amp to keep?! Jcm is classic amp that has this legendary tone. Einstein is more flexible and can sound very close to jcm800, i'm surprised how close it sounds on ch1 mode 2.

What do you think folks? What was your experience?

BaRTY":327kl84c said:
You are asking that on the DIEZEL forums...

The only answer is: keep the one YOU like better and/or whichever suits your needs better.

That being said, keep the Diezel. We are in the Diezel forum after all :)

BaRTY":2vn3in0l said:
I have a situation here... )

A year ago I had a quick experience with Einstein. I wasn't impressed. Maybe the tubes were bad or smth else...traded it for vht ultralead.

Today I've received '82 marshall jcm800 and 6550 loaded Einstein. And you know I find Einstein to sound a lot like marshall on certain settings. Though Einstein has tighter bass than jcm800.

Now I'm in two minds, which amp to keep?! Jcm is classic amp that has this legendary tone. Einstein is more flexible and can sound very close to jcm800, i'm surprised how close it sounds on ch1 mode 2.

The way I see it, as you said, you can make the Einstein sound close to the JCM, but can the JCM sound like the Einstein? :thumbsup: why not take the amp with MONSTER tone (both of them have this) and versatility (the Einstein wins this for me vs JCM)

You CAN tighten up the bass of the Marshall with a tube screamer or similar pedal.

That being said, I would personally keep the Einstein, as like Sigma.Xiria mentioned you can make the Einstein sound close to the Marshall but not vice versa. Plus, to me personally, the "mega" mode of CH1 is one of the best high gain tones available anywhere.

Overall though, I would just use both for a while and see which one speaks to you more. No harm in preferring either, both are awesome. It's a nice problem to have ;-)

jjj123":3w37x682 said:
You CAN tighten up the bass of the Marshall with a tube screamer or similar pedal.

That being said, I would personally keep the Einstein, as like Sigma.Xiria mentioned you can make the Einstein sound close to the Marshall but not vice versa. Plus, to me personally, the "mega" mode of CH1 is one of the best high gain tones available anywhere.

Overall though, I would just use both for a while and see which one speaks to you more. No harm in preferring either, both are awesome. It's a nice problem to have ;-)

This + OVER9000!!!!!!!

jjj123":1bkz16j9 said:

Agreed. The best advice is to use em for a while.

Some of folks here are a little biased towards Diezel, right? ) I'm not. Well, I wanted to share humble my opinion on Diezel VH4 here.
Not a long time ago I had Diezel VH4. Overall great versatile amp. But speaking of all channels in particular, I can not say it is something special. Channel 3 is exception. It has this unique Diesel voice. 4th channel I liked the least. I compared 2nd channel of VH4 to my '80 2203 JMP and marshall was the winner for authentic rock and hard rock sound from early era. Diezel sounded just fine, more refined and less bite.
After all I sold VH4 because I can not justify having unique and expensive one channel sound (ch3). I bought 2 other amps instead.

kahawe":1q97u36j said:
You are asking that on the DIEZEL forums...

The only answer is: keep the one YOU like better and/or whichever suits your needs better.

That being said, keep the Diezel. We are in the Diezel forum after all :)
Well said!

I love my Einstein. I also have a Marshall 30th Anniversary that is great. Good luck deciding.

Back