Diezel Einstien 100W head... Couple questions

PhloridaMan

Looking into picking up a Diezel Einstein 100W head to complete my amp "collection". I've only ever been able to see videos of these and have never been able to find one to play in person.

What I find in the videos is that the tone reminds me somewhat of a JCM800 that has bottom end balls which is something I have been wanting for a while, but at the same time also has a fantastic clean channel which would be a sacrifice with an actual JCM800. Are the videos showing me the true nature of this? Would this suit me well for stuff in the realm of Tool and AiC for that Marshall sound with bottom end?

Also, are there user manuals available for these amps? I would like to track one down and do some reading on it's features etc so I can get a better understanding of the amp etc. I can not seem to locate one on their website?

Thanks Guys!

I sold a VH4 & picked up an Einstein further down the road because I missed my VH4. The Einstein didn't feel as compressed as the VH4, but there are similarities between the modes of the Einstein & the channels of the VH4. In my opinion anyway.
Adam Jones is famously a pioneer of the VH4.

Difficult to find videos that do any Diezels justice. In person they sound incredible, but cameras & phones don't seem to capture the depth & warmth that comes out the speaker.

It's a great amp though I wouldn't personally buy another unless it was a steal. The setup of the amp didn't suit me, in that I firmly believe the amp should have had an independent clean channel. I'm sure Diezel would be more than happy to mod the amp to suit, but out the box, I didn't like the way the amp was set up. I know many people who had no problems with it whatsoever though, so, different strokes.

You'll love the sound of the Einstein, difficult not to, but look into how the amp is set up to make sure the mode & switching options suit your needs.

I have a 50 watt Einstein combo and it's pretty awesome. I play similar style to Tool and it's just great for that kind of thing (Channel 1, Mode 3, cranked mids). Very similar to VH4 Channel 3. The Einstein does have a little less compression than a typical Diezel. And yeah, pretty close to a supped up JCM800 in some regards on Mode 2.

Thanks for the link to the manual. I already have a Fryette Ultra Lead and 6505 so my super high gain stuff is pretty well covered, but I love to jam Alice in Chains and Tool stuff as well as some bluesier stuff with friends and my old man, and neither of those really do that sound very well and Marshalls just don't have enough ass behind them for my tastes. The VH4 is a little more than I need. I have heard one of those before in person and couldn't fall in love with one enough to spend $2500 on one used. I'd love to find somewhere I could try out an Einstein...

Name a couple of specific examples of tones (like, "the intro to _____ by _____") and I'll let you know if I think it can do it, and try to do a decent recording of a video of it.

Overall, I guess it's KIND OF got a JCM thing going in that it really grinds when you want it to, but it's a LOT smoother than a JCM without being dark, and has approximately 1.7million times as much bottom end, at all volumes.

There is so much, I would be using this amp for anything Alice in Chains, Tool, Govt. Mule, Jason Aldean (country) etc. I have 6505 and Fryette Pittbull Ultra Lead as I mentioned, but neither of those really cover the JCM style too well. I am not trying to mock someones tone as I find that to be boring. The gripe I have with a JCM and the reasons I would not own another is the lack of a usable clean on the 800s and 900s and the brittle thin-ness of the 800/900 tone (to my ears). Of course it's all a matter of opinion. The ONE decent video I have found of this amp it sounds friggin sick for this stuff. But that's just one demo and I unfortunately would probably end up buying this based on what I have seen/heard in videos and not actual experience since finding one can be quite difficult locally.

I appreciate your help myke!

I have the 50 w Einstein and as FourT6and2 said, if you crank the mids it can do the Adam Jones thing pretty well.

The Master and channel volumes are great for shaping the tone at all volumes too. Master high with channel vol lower will add more bite whereas vice versa the tone gets fatter with more lower mids..

It's a very clever amp that will easily cover a lot of ground from clean to filthy dirty.

They're awesome!

I'm thinking about "thinning" the herd of amps Ive got... :doh: :cry:
I've got a Minty (as in never gigged) Einstein 100W head...lemme know if you're interested! :LOL: :LOL: :D

Back