Einstein 50w combo tubes

steros

Hello!

I'm very happy with my Einstein combo (V30), however there is one little thing I'm missing.
When I chug on a low string or powerchord while palm muting, it's not as tight as I want it
and it tends to sound somewhat "wooly", if you know what I mean...

I currently have EL34's in my amp, and I was wondering if a different kind of
powertubes would help in that regard?

I play mostly metal and hard rock.

I really like KT77s in mine. Gold Lions are very tight in the low end. JJs are a little rounder and a little less hi-fi.

My 100 is running a mix of EL34s and 6550s. I know you don't have room to blend tubes in the 50, but I think the 6550s are responsible for the big, tight bottom in mine.

FourT6and2":28v8b00b said:
I really like KT77s in mine. Gold Lions are very tight in the low end. JJs are a little rounder and a little less hi-fi.

I'll be checking them out! Seems like the tubes I'm looking for :D

Did you need to re-bias...? One of my friends said I didn't need to when changing from EL34 to KT77 :confused:

steros":14u7va8f said:
FourT6and2":14u7va8f said:

I'll be checking them out! Seems like the tubes I'm looking for :D

Did you need to re-bias...? One of my friends said I didn't need to when changing from EL34 to KT77 :confused:

You always need to rebias. But KT77s bias up the same as EL34s (65-70ma for the pair in the Einstein).

FourT6and2":m6qinm7a said:
Yeah, that's the knee-jerk mode. BTW - gold plated anything that must conduct electricity is the worst that you could use for clean clear uninterrupted audio signal. All the high end cable guys never use gold plated connectors as they color the tone in a very obvious way. It's doubled! Like a 4x4 animal style. Also, consider that your preference for PTs might be less (low-fi) articulate than most that have a broad Wi-Fi over short "fibre" channel distances due to their sonic superiority over the multi-mode limiting distance as compared to single-mode SP-3. Their high fidelity experiences might be somewhat more closely related to their taste than ones feeling not to be isolated due to human hair tolerance splitting.

Black Sabbath":o2sdx6lv said:
FourT6and2":o2sdx6lv said:
Yeah, that's the knee-jerk mode. BTW - gold plated anything that must conduct electricity is the worst that you could use for clean clear uninterrupted audio signal. All the high end cable guys never use gold plated connectors as they color the tone in a very obvious way. It's doubled! Like a 4x4 animal style. Also, consider that your preference for PTs might be less (low-fi) articulate than most that have a broad Wi-Fi over short "fibre" channel distances due to their sonic superiority over the multi-mode limiting distance as compared to single-mode SP-3. Their high fidelity experiences might be somewhat more closely related to their taste than ones feeling not to be isolated due to human hair tolerance splitting.

WTF are you talking about? Stop trolling my posts in every fucking thread. Gold Lions aren't gold plated. The rest of your post is just off-topic ramblings.

FourT6and2":1e45szow said:
WTF are you talking about? Stop trolling my posts in every fucking thread. Gold Lions aren't gold plated. The rest of your post is just off-topic ramblings.
Man! You stop your meds or something? This ain't rocket science. You obviously don't have much of a sense of humor. I was yanking your chain. "Gold Lions" are known for their aggressiveness and their tenacity during the hunt. Where you been man? :)

Maybe I should have pointed you instead to some pretty Mandelbrot sets to cheer up your morning.

Black Sabbath":2fh6pzyu said:
FourT6and2":2fh6pzyu said:
Man! You stop your meds or something? This ain't rocket science. You obviously don't have much of a sense of humor. I was yanking your chain. "Gold Lions" are known for their aggressiveness and their tenacity during the hunt. Where you been man? :)

Maybe I should have pointed you instead to some pretty Mandelbrot sets to cheer up your morning.

It's hard to tell wtf you're talking about most of the time. You tend to respond to posts with weird passive aggressive shit that makes no sense. Like in the USA vs. German cab thread. If you're just joking around, then fine. But it definitely doesn't come off that way. I'm a pretty easy going guy with a good sense of humor. But when there's no context for what you're talking about, it just comes off as weird and sometimes dickish.

It's like you're talking about inside jokes that nobody else knows about...

I disliked KT88s in my Diezels. Just sounded like Poop to my ears. then again...im one of the last mohegans in the 6550 club round here!!!

Back