2x12 wiring

MikeDV

I recently acquired a Diezel 2x12 (to go with my VH4), 2 8 ohm, front mount 30w Celestions.

The cab is a stereo cab, but only one jack operates in mono. I looked inside it, and some previous owner had removed one of the connecting wires, and must have otherwise changed the connections - the jack that works is not the one marked for mono use.

Could someone (?) please send me or post the wiring diagram for this cab so I can put it back to original operating condition?

BTW, what a pair the head and cab make!

This is the inside of the jack. Anyone from Diezel able to help? It appears to be now wired in series.
photo_zps62c90d67.jpg

Just follow the schem given in the link.

Those jacks have "switched" side, which means this side (the two contacts) lifts when something is plugged into the jack.

Perhaps I haven't communicated (yet) the simple mind we're dealing with here. These two jacks already seem to be connected. Do I add a wire between them again, one from the left (in the picture) jack to one of the speakers, or what? While I understand the schematic, I want to be sure I don't stupidly make a wrong connection and blow up a speaker, or worse, the amp. I'd really like specific connections for this cab/speakers/wires. So, possibly a schematic from the company identifying the actual connections on these jacks, and how they originally went to each of the speakers. I know I'm asking for kind of extra help, but as a mono cab unchanged, it's a great cab right now. I'd rather not do something I'm not 100% certain about - I've accidentally blown up amps before out of ignorance. Don't want to repeat, at least I learned that. Changing the connections and soldering are in my skill set. Knowing exactly what I'm doing it for, not so much...

The interconnection between the speakers (mono) is made at (better with) the jacks.
On your photo there's just two wires coming up, should be four (plus and minus for each speaker). Unsolder the whole crap, even inside the cab and run four wires to the jacks and then follow the scheme when soldering the jacks.

And if I were you I'd buy a simple multimeter which can read Ohms and can make beeps for connections (diode test). Should costs you 10 bucks . . .

OK, check me out - simplest, just for clarity, before cleaning up soldering - another set of white and green - each set to each speaker separately, positive and negative. Looks like the two existing brown wires attach pos to pos and neg to neg. While not cleaned up, this should work as designed - one plug for mono use, both for stereo? And in mono, 4 ohms, stereo, 8 ohms each.

Back