Herbert MK I inbound

It should arrive next week. I am anxiously awaiting it. I previously had a Hagen which I foolishly sold.

I'll be running this guy through a Boogie Recto traditional 4 x12 with Vintage 30s. Can't wait!

Congrats!!

You will LOVE Herbert, just killer!

Don't forget to turn it up, Herbert excels with a bit of volume :rock:

Sorry to crap on the fun but a Recto cab is not a good choice with the Herbert. I'd start searching to a new cab that is front loaded.

I agree with RJF on the FL cabs. I have been using Diezel FL cabs and they are an excellent pairing with Herbert. My full stack is K100's in the top cab and V30's in the bottom, both are FL cats.

Interesting comments on the cab. I'll give the Herbie a whirl through my cab before I make any decisons. My Mark III and other amps sound good through the Recto, so I'd probably move the Herbert before the cabinet.

Congrats. :thumbsup:

The Recto Traditional 4x12 should sound fine with it (imo) or at least acceptable while you research other cab options.

I would imagine the Standard Oversized Recto 4x12 might have the potential to get boomy though. :LOL: :LOL:

Hey brother, you use what you got first, of course. I have more than a couple cabs, so that's where I'm coming from. If you have only the mesa, cool. Adjust to taste and rock it!!

You are gonna LOVE Herbert. I was using Mesa before I got mine and although I still have my boogies, Herbert quickly became my #1. Have fun :rock:

Green Pro Am":d45z3c8j said:
Interesting comments on the cab. I'll give the Herbie a whirl through my cab before I make any decisons. My Mark III and other amps sound good through the Recto, so I'd probably move the Herbert before the cabinet.

Wait, is it the oversized version or not? The smaller one will be better for a Herbert. Of course your Mesas sound good through the Mesa cab. Herbert's bass is much more intense, that is why the oversize cabs are not a good fit.

Back