BAD MESA!! With VH4

Hello,

Yesterday was my first rehearsal with my VH4 and my Mesa recto traditional slant 4x12 and I got to say that it sucked...I then plugged into my Orange 4x12 V30 and it was much much better.

It had no low end and it was so harsh and I play an 8 string RG2228 with aftermaths.

What is the problem? The Vh4 doesn't go well with Mesa trad? anyone had this problem going? I recorded with the Mesa 4x12 and it was fine.

Yes I think it's strange too, but me and my bandmates were all disliking the tone a lot.

I think I am going to open it to see if the speakers are Ok and if they are in fact V30 because this is a custom one and I got it second handed.

Now that I am speaking about it Peter, which Diezel cab was made fro the VH4 (if there was such a thing)?

Thanks

I'm sure Papa will clarify, but I think all the Diezels were voiced for use with Vintage 30 speakers. I'm guessing it would have been a variety of Diezel cabs with V30s.

If your MESA cab is solid, well constructed & house these speakers, there really shouldn't be a problem.

I did not like my Mesa Recto 2x12 with my D-Moll at all.
I did not like my Mesa Recto 2x12 with my EVH 5150 50w
It may be a preference, that's why I sold it.
I love my Diezel Front Loaded 4x12 as well as the 1x12 I picked up recently.
It could be that your ideal sound is not Mesa...
It's hard to put a finger on cause a lot of my Favorite Guitarist Rock Mesa Amps...

Yes, I get it regarding taste but do not get me wrong, I have a dual recto and it smashes with that cab.

The VH4 doesn't somehow...but it goes super with the Orange

Paradigma_bizarro":3k7m1hbw said:
Yes, I get it regarding taste but do not get me wrong, I have a dual recto and it smashes with that cab.

Speaking of taste, I'll trade you my Oscar Mayer baloney and cheese sandwich for your VH4?

Black Sabbath":i1opvdp6 said:
Paradigma_bizarro":i1opvdp6 said:

Speaking of taste, I'll trade you my Oscar Mayer baloney and cheese sandwich for your VH4?

:LOL: :LOL:

Note that I haven't said a bad thing about the VH4 ;)

Back