2x12

FourT6and2

Anybody know where I can get a Diezel 2x12? I think there are a bunch of different kinds, right? I'm looking for the all-black one. Rearl-loaded. But I think there's a normal sized one and an oversized? Or is the over-sized the front-loaded version?

I got mine from Brad King. All black, rear loaded with V30s. Not sure if it's "oversized", but it's the biggest 212 I've ever seen. Not sure if theres another option?
:rock:

kalt":260i0odo said:
I got mine from Brad King. All black, rear loaded with V30s. Not sure if it's "oversized", but it's the biggest 212 I've ever seen. Not sure if theres another option?
:rock:

Is there piping on the front grill or no? Any pics?

the rear loaded cabs are "oversized". The front loaded cabs are "normalsized" All my cabs ( I have 5) have piping

Foto 2: VH4 - 412 frondloaded V30/g12K100 - 212 rearloaded tone tubby hempcones

Foto 1: 412 rearloaded tone tubby hempcones - 112 rearloaded - Schmidt

If you need more detailed pictures - just contact me.

Attachments

• Foto 2.JPG
    Foto 2.JPG
    595.9 KB · Views: 1,261
  • Foto 1.JPG
    Foto 1.JPG
    544.9 KB · Views: 1,262
uwgestein":1new6d2o said:
the rear loaded cabs are "oversized". The front loaded cabs are "normalsized" All my cabs ( I have 5) have piping

Foto 2: VH4 - 412 frondloaded V30/g12K100 - 212 rearloaded tone tubby hempcones

Foto 1: 412 rearloaded tone tubby hempcones - 112 rearloaded - Schmidt

If you need more detailed pictures - just contact me.

Awesome, thanks!

Can you compare the sound of the rear loaded 2x12 to other 2x12s you've tried?

I didn't know there were Diezel 1x12's. How much are they retail? Would also like to know for the 2x12. Rear loaded for both. I look forward to having a diezel cab under my VH4.

jtp337":2embs0qs said:
I didn't know there were Diezel 1x12's. How much are they retail? Would also like to know for the 2x12. Rear loaded for both. I look forward to having a diezel cab under my VH4.

They don't make the 1x12s anymore I think. I have one that I don't use if you're interested, though.

I think the new German rear loaded 2x12 are pretty expensive. Like $1200 or something. Crazy.

FWIW, I have 2 FL CAA 212's (WGS Reapers), ported, a Diezel 212 RL w/V30s and a Friedamn 412 w/V30s (RL). The low ned on the CAA is very tight and focused vs the Diezel is more "all encompassing" in the low end dept., but still has a lot of punch. The CAAs seem more "directional" if that makes any sense.

Hey Guys,

The pricing on Diezel cabs from their new distributor is below. They don't have a economical way to get them here from germany so its a bit pricy.

The Rear loaded V30 2x12 cab is $1299
The Rear Loaded V30 4x12 cab is also $1299
The Front Loaded V30 4x12 cab is $1499

Yeah, damn that's pricy. 2x12 and 4x12 are the same price? Weird.

When do you think you'll have some in-stock? Or is it on an order-by-order basis?

We are not "stocking 4x12 cabs. That said an order is going in today and they tell me a 30 Day eta. So if you want one PM me.

I owned a 212 V30 RL, and compared it to some different 212 Cabs.
Basically one can say, it is a very useful Cab! But in some way it was too "wide sounding" for my personal taste, so i switched back to a Mesa 212 Recto H. But that´s a different story.

I compare the Diezel with a Bogner 212 Oversized. Both had a great and nearly 412ish-omph! But the Diezel is more tight and much faster-responding. The bottom end is more controlable, the Bogner always seem to be a way "compressed"!
Compared to the Mesa, which is a lot more straight in your face and a bit spiky, the Diezel is much more huge and non-directional.

It´s a bit difficult, when playing alone, the Diezel is far the best 212 cab I´ve played, but in my Band the Mesa won! :rock:

volkair":1r8h9v8h said:
I owned a 212 V30 RL, and compared it to some different 212 Cabs.
Basically one can say, it is a very useful Cab! But in some way it was too "wide sounding" for my personal taste, so i switched back to a Mesa 212 Recto H. But that´s a different story.

I compare the Diezel with a Bogner 212 Oversized. Both had a great and nearly 412ish-omph! But the Diezel is more tight and much faster-responding. The bottom end is more controlable, the Bogner always seem to be a way "compressed"!
Compared to the Mesa, which is a lot more straight in your face and a bit spiky, the Diezel is much more huge and non-directional.

It´s a bit difficult, when playing alone, the Diezel is far the best 212 cab I´ve played, but in my Band the Mesa won! :rock:

But which Diezel cab did you have? USA or German? Oversized or normal sized?

My cab was the german Rearloaded V30. Some words to the price: if you compare building a 212 and 412, it´s not that much difference, maybe that´s the reason for it. But if you compare it to other brands, the Diezel is build over the top and you will have much cab for your bucks!

volkair":a2lzr2bw said:
My cab was the german Rearloaded V30. Some words to the price: if you compare building a 212 and 412, it´s not that much difference, maybe that´s the reason for it. But if you compare it to other brands, the Diezel is build over the top and you will have much cab for your bucks!

Thanks for the info! :)

Maybe the Diezel is better sounding. But still... price is insane. Price for the 2x12 is the same as the 4x12. when you factor in the price of speakers $145 each for V30s, why isn't the 2x12 $290 cheaper since it has two fewer speakers?

Puh, Bro, don´t know much ´bout price-issues at all :p

Maybe a good reason, since Diezel-Prices are not insane and beyond all you get for your bucks. Normally if you look basically the amps and service is that much valuable consideration, that it is near too cheap, if you compare it to other brands... *duck*
Buying a Diezel Amp means: spend a bunch of money once and then only for new tubes, sometimes... that´s all! If you will have that service with a car (buy once and only add fuel and tires for 20 years, if you have probs, the engineer himself will help), it would be sold as fresh bread!

volkair":2nban518 said:
Puh, Bro, don´t know much ´bout price-issues at all :p

Maybe a good reason, since Diezel-Prices are not insane and beyond all you get for your bucks. Normally if you look basically the amps and service is that much valuable consideration, that it is near too cheap, if you compare it to other brands... *duck*
Buying a Diezel Amp means: spend a bunch of money once and then only for new tubes, sometimes... that´s all! If you will have that service with a car (buy once and only add fuel and tires for 20 years, if you have probs, the engineer himself will help), it would be sold as fresh bread!

But we're not talking about amps here. We're talking about a wood box with off-the-shelf speakers in it. The "service" from Diezel is good sometimes. Other times, it's no different than other brands. But what kind of "service" would one be getting on a speaker cab exactly? There's no maintenance on a wood box.

Again, my concern was that the Diezel speaker cabinet is $1,400 USD. That is too high for me, considering the next best cab out there in terms of construction and reputation is almost half the price.

That´s in fact what I tried to say, Peter! But for me it doesn´t look if it is in doubt in any case here.

It only looks like there is a price issue with the 212 Cabs compared to the 412 (which are at the same price) which may be seen as strange by some due to have only 2 instead of 4 Speakers etc. But I don´t have ANY idea why this may be :confused: ... but one surely can´t blame it on your service ;) :D

Back