NAD: Diezel VH4

taliababa

After going through years of gassing, I finally have a VH4. I love the aesthetics and I'm hoping to love the tone. These are photos taken by the guy I got it from. I've got a quad of KT77's that I'm going to try out. If I don't care for them, I'll swap out for a quad of 6550's.

I'm happy to finally be a Diezel owner. :rock:

Awesome! Do you know what tubes it currently has in it? I just picked up a used Herbie and was dead set about changing the tubes when I got it, but I am digging it so much with current set, that I am holding off for now.

Congrats!

Good work.

I've tried 6L6 & EL34 in a previous VH4. KT77 in my current VH4. I think the KT77 are the most balanced out of the three. Pretty rich & not aggressive.

What is the 3rd party midi controller?

Green Pro Am":2w8hwet0 said:
Awesome! Do you know what tubes it currently has in it? I just picked up a used Herbie and was dead set about changing the tubes when I got it, but I am digging it so much with current set, that I am holding off for now.

Congrats!

JJ EL34's. I'm going to swap them out for a set of KT77's once the Eurotubes bias probe arrives.

The footswitch is a Wilder Amp custom. Never heard of them before I traded for the amp.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Welcome. i didnt care for the kt77's, even though those are usually my go to tubes of choice. I toyed with a bunch of el34 variants until I settled on 6l6cc's. It finally gave me the tone that i have been hearing in my head for years.

taliababa":3rq54bi1 said:
The footswitch is a Wilder Amp custom. Never heard of them before I traded for the amp.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Ahh yes the "Evolution" foot switch. Wilder was awful proud of that. To be fair it took quite a bit of engineering. This also means the amp itself has been modded with the special chip Wilder programmed to interface with the footswitch.

Back