Midi switching VH4 with G system??

Emg77

Anyone have any experience with this. I am having a hard time trying to figure this out. Ive looked at VH4 manual, G-system Manual as well as the Laird write up. This VH4 is not responding. If some one can get me some input, it would be cool.

Thanks

Are you sure the VH4 is set to OMNI channel for midi??
That's the first thing I would check. There is a sequence of buttons to push to get it into OMNI mode.

If the manual doesn't give them to you, contact Diezel. While I sold my VH4S, my Herbert and my Hagen both work flawlessly.

GtarLover":2wnapa9j said:
That's the first thing I would check. There is a sequence of buttons to push to get it into OMNI mode.

If the manual doesn't give them to you, contact Diezel. While I sold my VH4S, my Herbert and my Hagen both work flawlessly.
Yes I went through the sequence of setting the VH4 to omni. What do you program the g system to do. Omni as well?

Emg77":2bwvzqgg said:
GtarLover":2bwvzqgg said:

Yes I went through the sequence of setting the VH4 to omni. What do you program the g system to do. Omni as well?

Not sure how the G system works, but (if I remember correctly) my G major II was not "communicating" with my VH4 because it was in CC mode. VH4 use PC (Program Change).

Not sure if that could be it or not?

It's been a while since I had my G-System, so I don't remember what the protocol for that unit is.
However, if the VH4 is set to OMNI, it shouldn't matter what channel the G-System uses.

Sigma is right, the VH4 and Diezel's in general use PC mode for midi communication.
You can set the channels, use the inserts, etc. however it is all on one program change. You can't turn them on/off individually.

The G-System may be using CC mode because it can turn effects on/off. Yet, it should be capable of both.
You may wanna ask TC Electronics or head over to a TC forum and ask that question, just to check it out.

Sorry I can't be more help...Good Luck

I ran a G-Major 2 with a VH4 briefly. I didn't really care for it. I found it tone-sucked a fair bit & there was a delay between the patch changes on the G-Major. The Diezel changed channels/functions immediately, but the G-Major lagged.

Back