Old Diezel Cabinets

Jonny333

Hi,
I know the new german made cabs are meant to be far superior but just wondered what the general market value was of the old cabs today?
I've found one locally, FL with V30s and not sure whether to get it.

Also how do the old ones stack up against say a mesa or orange cab?

(I'd mainly be running a mk1 herbert through it.)

Thanks!

I have both "older" and "new" Diezel cabs.
I do like the newer, German made cabs. They are tight.
I have one with K100's and one with V30's that I run as a full stack, great tone together.

The K100 seems louder with a very "in your face" attitude, yet I like the sound of the V30's as well.

As far as comparing the old and new, I have an older cab with the V30's and like it just fine.
I honestly never tested the 2 V30 cabs side by side.

What price are you considering? The new ones are in the $1350 range.
A fair price on an older, US made cab in good condition (no rips/tears/issues) runs $750ish, I believe.
Anything lower is a most likely a good deal, if the cab is in good shape...

I wouldn't pay more than $700, there has been one here on RT for sale for a long time now and he wants $650.

Thanks guys, and really appreciate the info gtarlover.

Any opinions on how the old diezel cabs stack up against other cabs in the same sort of used price range?

The new German made Diezel cabs have a 6 screw jack plate.
That one is 4 screw, so would say US...however I can't be 100% sure.
My US cabs are 4 screw plates. Usually they also have a red outer ring in the mono jack.

Hope this helps.

Decided to go for it and just got it home. Massive improvement over my old JCM900 1960 cab (as you'd expect!). Much clearer cleans and a more natural, less fuzzy overdrive.

Thanks for all the opinions and advice! :)

I *think* the licensed US cabs were made by V-Boutique in California, and they ghost build cabs for other guys, too.

Back