D-moll fx return

Raf_666

Hi guys, question ... For rehearsal im planning to use a multi fx pedal modeller instead of a digitech gsp1101 in 4cm and control2 pedal. So a less to lug around rig , no rackcase , just dmoll , 2x12 cab and the floorunit (probably a digitech rp500). Will the amp "suffer" from using the fx return only , so not the input/preamp ... And which knobs would still have an effect on the sound ...

Thx

Raf

It won't suffer. Presence, Depth and the Master controls will still have an impact on the tone.

Also set the amp to channel 1 and set its volume to 0 to keep the noise down.

(EDIT: Peter corrected me on the input jack mute function, so I removed my comment about needing a dummy-plug in the input.)

Peter Diezel":2wxqinh3 said:
No more mute without input jack on the latest amps.

I've got serial no 6 , so i need the jack ...
Other then this no issues at all ? Preamp tubes not liking the situation ?

Thx

Raf

Raf_666":2buz3z8p said:

They might be offended that you're using a modeler instead of them, but they won't start harming themselves. They'll understand it's just a phase for you and that you'll be using them again soon.

Kev":3snvk9lw said:
Raf_666":3snvk9lw said:

They might be offended that you're using a modeler instead of them, but they won't start harming themselves. They'll understand it's just a phase for you and that you'll be using them again soon.

Hehe

Back