Diezel Shootout Cornford roadhouse 50w vs Hagen vs Dmoll

NickWeiland

Hey guys me and some friends had a day out to try the whole range of diezel amps. we picked out our favourite amps and recorded us playing them i hope you enjoy! please share to your friends on facebook and comment rate and sub for more wacky reviews!

*****updated******

please click the x button to watch the whole video youtube is being wierd.

Interesting! But dude, maybe I am blind but I dont see a single mic on any cab... how did you capture the audio? Sounds too good for just a cam mic

Ah, got it! For some of the gain channels the audio does suffer a little, especially on the blackmachine, though.
At first I was like "WTF?" to see four players in a "shootout" video but it worked surprisingly well and you could really show how good, versatile and different these amps can sound!!! I like it!

Sorry to the cornford owner: the hagen clean already blew it away :D

No herbie and vh4? :((

kahawe":152qmlzv said:
Ah, got it! For some of the gain channels the audio does suffer a little, especially on the blackmachine, though.
At first I was like "WTF?" to see four players in a "shootout" video but it worked surprisingly well and you could really show how good, versatile and different these amps can sound!!! I like it!

Sorry to the cornford owner: the hagen clean already blew it away :D

No herbie and vh4? :((

ha ha well i did own the cornford. i sold that to ryan in the video. my main point of this video was to expose the weakness of the cornford and its strengths. and to see if the diezel could replicate the cornford so i can have that sound and move forward to a more modern sound. thats the issue i had.

but..... i sold my cornford to get a peters.

we did do the herbie and vh4 but i preferred the hagen for its vintage feel and the dmoll for its price point. the vh4 was too knife edge and forced you to mute nad play metal it just has that hard feel. not my bag.

Interesting video.

NickWeiland":3azxmotq said:
we did do the herbie and vh4 but i preferred the hagen for its vintage feel and the dmoll for its price point. the vh4 was too knife edge and forced you to mute nad play metal it just has that hard feel. not my bag.

I agree that the hagen has a great vintage kind of feel to it. For me the vh4 is nothing of what you describe. Maybe wrong pickups or eq? This is a vh4 in the vid below. IMHO the "bluesiest" Diezel of the range (not counting the Schmidt in)

NickWeiland":2tkjcb1t said:
Hey guys me and some friends had a day out to try the whole range of diezel amps. we picked out our favourite amps and recorded us playing them i hope you enjoy! please share to your friends on facebook and comment rate and sub for more wacky reviews!

James is the MAN! Seeing the guy in a couple weeks to run some tests with the Herbert and that one off Hagen! It may end up in my studio :)

ProgFreak":zhv5nm71 said:
Interesting video.

NickWeiland":zhv5nm71 said:

I agree that the hagen has a great vintage kind of feel to it. For me the vh4 is nothing of what you describe. Maybe wrong pickups or eq? This is a vh4 in the vid below. IMHO the "bluesiest" Diezel of the range (not counting the Schmidt in)

i really like the clean channel on the vh4 theres alot of bloom on it. but when it comes to the gain channels it was really staccato. it forces you to play faster because theres hardly any tube sag. i really like a vintage feel.

hey guys the video will be down for a few hours im uploading another one in its place with better sound and no sound stutter issues.

it was unluckly because james didnt have a schmidt to try at the time. from your clips it does sound alot more open. very fender style. the cleans and the overall tone of the diezels had a dark over tone that made most things sound like your playing drop D even though your in standard. which is great for those modern rock/metal sounds. i wanted something that wasnt that coloured, but i had such a blast that day we cranked everything so fricken loud!

slyvren":b81zu17m said:
Einstein is a bluesy beast too. Texas mode is just so raw and organic.

+1
That's one of my all time fav low gain Diezel tones. Did not mentioned it because I was referring to the current production models. Sold my Einstein and damn how I miss that tone... :cry:

Dave E.B.":2uuaylmo said:
The Diezel's do not have a programmable EQ. just sayin

i thought they do via the midi switcher? from what i remember you can save eq with the midi switcher and it sets it for you.

Back