Eisntein Combo doens't turn on?????

garnel81

Today i was trying to turn my eisntein combo and it made some static noise and then it died. Then i notice that tha power cable was bad plugged in. So i was wondering if it damaged de amp???

Help me out guys.

Thank you.

It's almost certainly the power fuse. Likely nothing to worry about. I've blown a power fuse within a couple of hours of every Diezel i've owned. Replaced it & they've always been fine ever since.

Check the little tray below the kettle lead input. You may even have been provided with a spare. If not, go to your local electronic store.

If it's anything like my VH4, I think it needs to be the correct slow-blow fuse.

Good luck!

ok. Thanks. The fuse is the one it says in the back 0,5A SB? After i replace the fuse does it need to be rebias??
Tks a lot guys.

garnel81":36rnjngv said:
ok. Thanks. The fuse is the one it says in the back 0,5A SB? After i replace the fuse does it need to be rebias??
Tks a lot guys.

That's the one. 5amp Slow Blow. If it's in a clear case, you should be able to see that it's burnt out.

No need to rebias. Just change the fuse.

Buy a few if I were you. Also take a look at the tube fault fuses & buy a few spares of those aswell.

garnel81":6qkcot6e said:
Today i was trying to turn my eisntein combo and it made some static noise and then it died. Then i notice that tha power cable was bad plugged in. So i was wondering if it damaged de amp???

Help me out guys.

Thank you.

The main fuse is 4 amps slow blow for 120 volt and in inside the main jack.

The thing is guys that i'm from a place that is very hard to find a amp tech so the fuse i need to replace, is it need to open the amp? Is easy to do it by myself? It's the first time that i have any issue with a tube amp so...forgive me for my ignorance.
Anyways i'm on track to find a store to do this, but they usually only deal with products that they sell. My amp was bought in from Germany.
I'm from Portugal.
Thank you so much.

Ok i feel a bit stupid right now. Ignorance is total. My amp it's back on track and making That Tone. The Einstein comes with a spare fuse and it's the most simple thing to do. I just replace the completely blown one with the spare and that's it. In the future i will not bother you with this simple, simple things. I just didn't know where was the blown fuse.
Tks a lot you guys.
Peter you are a God.

Back