Changing channels on my VH4 with FAS MFC-101

taliababa

I'm trying to determine how I would get the MFC-101 to change channels on my VH4. Ideally Here's an example of what I hope to accomplish: switch to channel 1 on the Diezel and engage a preset I made that has drive, flanger in front and chorus, delay, and reverb after the preamp. I'm using the 4 cm method.

Reading through the MFC-101 manual, it appears that I could do this using IA, but I'm not certain. If I disable Axe Fx mode, am I losing out on the functionality built into the MFC/Axe combo?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Im not familiar with the MFC. But you should be able to set a patch on your pedal and just use the store feature on the VH4 to what perimeters you want active. You want to make sure both your pedal and vh4 are talking on the same midi channel. You can read the VH4 manuel to find out how to set the vh4 to a specific midi channel.

It's definitely possible, I do it exactly like that. However, I set it up about a month ago, and kind of forgot how. I had to dive into the menus on the MFC to pick the proper program change and the MIDI channel and there was some trial and error. The MFC can send program changes along with CC changes, and pretty sure they can send them in a patch in AxeFx mode. Like Emg77 said, be sure the program change you send is on a separate MIDI channel from the Axe-FX, and that it is the proper one for the VH4. While the fanboys over at the Fractal forum seem to think that using an amp with the Axe is evil (I'd wager most have never actually played through a real VH4), that's a good place to work this out. I'll go try to re-figure it out and post for you.

Back