Influenza

VH-4 owners...
get yourself an Akai PEQ6.
This is an old seven band EQ.
What makes it special:
a. it is analog
b. it has MIDI and storable patches
c. it is not one 7-band EQ but SIX!

Insert channels 1-4 of the EQ into the VH-4 inserts and you have an additonal programable EQ per channel!

The only drawback is that there is no level compensation. Of course, you can't expect the best EQ in the world, too.
but - if you find one - these go really cheap!

Have fun!

I bought one recently with the intent to use it via Midi and combine it with some of my DMoll's presets while avoiding some tap dancing: the concept worked like a charm, albeit with some extra programming on my Rocktron Midi Mate.

The pedal is pretty decent sound wise, actually surprised me pleasantly, since I had to switch out an Empress PapaEQ which I liked very much and I was expecting a letdown which didn't happen.

The SA has four presets allocated to Midi Program Changes 1-4, while anything over 5 results in a bypass (relay based therefore transparent). Obviously I wanted to use it ad hoc for the whole range of my presets. To that effect I switched the Master Midi Channel of the SA to 3 to isolate it from the DMoll (which in turn I had to switch from OMNI to Midi Channel 1). With a little final fiddling with the Midi Mate's programming, I am now able to switch to any of the SA's four presets for any of the DMoll's presets, or bypass it completely. Great!

Another very useful attribute of the SA for me is that contrary to appearances interface-wise, the pedal actually also saves the position of the Output knob individually for each preset, a feature which allowed me to adjust the overalll volume of the DMoll on the same channel for different uses, with the pedal On or bypassed.

Back