Fokker Questions

ubermetaldood

Banned
What exactly are the specs? I found only one website that says it's 100w with a quad of KT77's. Does it require rebias when changing out KT77's? compatible with other tube types? When will the manual be available? The website also seemed to say that it was boostable to 20% more gain, but it appears to only have a solo boost from 2nd master. Has anything changed on the production version that is different from the prototypes on the videos?

I would say yes, you need to rebias when changing power tubes. Get a Weber Bias Rite. I have one and it is really easy to use.

re: 20% more gain

My understanding is that the drive channel is a mix of the Herbert ch2+ and VH4 ch3...but with 20% more gain available.

The 2+/3 channel is quite distorted but in a dedicated "High Gain" amp, a little more is hardly a bad thing.
The "solo" boost from the second master will add volume (from the poweramp section) but not gain (from the preamp section).

re: KT77's

KT77's use the EL34 pin out and this amp will likely have the bias adjustment range to use any EL34 variant. For longest tube life and best sound, you should ALWAYS rebias when you change tubes, even tubes of the same type.
(But wait for the manual before you go plugging in some obscure octals you found in an old record player)

I haven't seen a production version...and I've been looking regularly.

Crunchtime":12fvfcgz said:
I would say yes, you need to rebias when changing power tubes. Get a Weber Bias Rite. I have one and it is really easy to use.

Yep I got one, but it's kind of a hassle without external bias points. Not a big deal but I like those amps that bias themselves or at least have the external bias.

~Abstract~":12fvfcgz said:
re: 20% more gain

My understanding is that the drive channel is a mix of the Herbert ch2+ and VH4 ch3...but with 20% more gain available.

The 2+/3 channel is quite distorted but in a dedicated "High Gain" amp, a little more is hardly a bad thing.
The "solo" boost from the second master will add volume (from the poweramp section) but not gain (from the preamp section).

re: KT77's

KT77's use the EL34 pin out and this amp will likely have the bias adjustment range to use any EL34 variant. For longest tube life and best sound, you should ALWAYS rebias when you change tubes, even tubes of the same type.
(But wait for the manual before you go plugging in some obscure octals you found in an old record player)

I haven't seen a production version...and I've been looking regularly.

Thanks for the response. I figured as much about the gain channel, but the ch 2+ Herbert/ch 3 VH4 mix thing is very vague. It's hard to hear from the audio because the videos end up having a generic Diezel sound with all the background noise. If the Fokker really does have the Herbie/VH4 sound they seem to describe then that's probably going to be it for me.

I figured it would need a bias as usual, but without any official specs or info, I wasn't sure if there were any cool new convenience features or anything.

Can't wait to find out what it can do!

Back